I just installed the barons risers yesterday, the top of the bolts are covered up with some little plastic plugs so it just looks like there is no way to take them out. All you have to do is pry those little plugs out and you will see the heads of the bolts. Took me about fifteen minutes to install the riser kit. Make sure you place a towel or something over the gas tank cause you cant hold the bars up the whole time and will need something there to keep from scratching the top of the tank. I havent had time to ride very far with them yet but am leaving tommorrow for gatlinburg so i will know pretty quick if it is a good addon. Will post results when I get back.

:confused24: Sorry :confused24: Gary. :confused24: I'm :confused24: confused! :confused24:

What's the difference between a 'riser' and a 'riser extension'?

I have what is depicted in MAINEAC'S post.

When I look at the top of my clamps there is nowhere to grab the tops of the bolts.

No bolt heads and no hex heads. Just smooth and recessed.

Perhaps if I too a foter and posted it so you can see?

Spear, you need to take something small and sharp like a jeweler's screw driver and pry out the chrome bolt caps. Be careful because they like to jump to places that they can't be found again. It's a very easy job should only take 15 -20 minutes.

Spear, you need to take something small and sharp like a jeweler's screw driver and pry out the chrome bolt caps. Be careful because they like to jump to places that they can't be found again. It's a very easy job should only take 15 -20 minutes.

There ya go. See!

I knew if I asked, someone would have the answer.

Shows how much I look at the tops of my bolts.

Must work on the risers tomorrow and let y'all know the outcome.

As comfy as the bike is, as is, I feel that a little more height will help me.

I'm 6'4" tall without boots, and wear Johnny Rebs that pack about 2" on my height.

Check these boots out.

Was getting a burn between my shoulder blades on long rides. Did not want to change bars or spend $500 to $600 to change cables and bars. Bought 3/4 inch extension from Barons for less than $70 dollars. no more burn, and it takes about 10 min. to install. Best item I have purchased for my 06 ven. Went over 4000 miles in Sept. and felt great with the small change the ext. made. I always felt that you get a front end that has to much flex at slow speeds with risers. Just my opinion.

Same here, it took about 4 hours and was more towards my right shoulder blade, it started off just being a twinge but man was it painfull after 8 hours. I was fine the next day but sure as rain in about 4 hours it started again. I was wondering if it was the bars, now I believe it just may be. I'll have to get a et of extensions and see how they work. Hope to get ride of the pain...

Guest Dareman

I placed an order with Metric Thunder on 4/19 for the Handlebar Risers for my RSMV.

As of 4/25 I had not received them....They had charged my credit card though on 4/20.

(They were very quick to do that.)

I called them on Friday 4/25 and was told that they were back ordered possible arrival time of 1 week to 10 days to their company.

I cancelled my order with them as I do not feel it is right that they charge my credit card and spend MY MONEY and they do not even have the product in stock to ship.

The guy I spoke with was not real friendly either.

He did not like the suggestion of advising customers if an item is out of stock BEFORE they charge the customers credit card, so the customer would have a choice if they wanted to continue to place the order

Anybody have any idea where I can get the risers.

I tried Baron's directly and they are out as well.

I do not believe I will do business with them again. (Metric Thunder)

Guest Dareman

I just placed a web order for the risers with J&P Cycles.

Acccording to their website they were in stock.

Thanks for all the help.

Therea are several of us leaving for a 2 week trip on our bikes to Northern Montana in 3 weeks, I have decided to take my 2006 RSMV Raven instead of my 99 Goldwing.

I have received many more favorable comments (mostly from the ladies) about the Raven than I have the Wing. Go figure.

My lady friends and my wife call it the SEXY BIKE! There is evidently something very sensous about Black and Chrome!

:225:

"I have received many more favorable comments (mostly from the ladies) about the Raven than I have the Wing. Go figure. "

You know it brother.

My bud (07' Titanium Wing) and I regularly ride Texas together. I always get similar comments like that. And then they say (to my winged friend) "Oh, your bike is nice too".:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Regards, Ponch

Guest Dareman

I received my Baron Risers for 06 RSMV from J&P Cycles on Friday 5/2.

I installed them this morning 5/3. Took me about 20 minutes.

I did not have to readjust any cables or Brake lines.

I also put the rubber bumpers back in.

Took it for test ride (About 20 miles)

Man, what a difference in the ride!

It is more comfortable than the 1500 Goldwing I also ride!

The fit and seating inow is real close if not exact to the Victory Vision in my opinion.

I have test ridden the Vision twice.

If I knew how to post pictues I would send some out of the install.

The risers are well worth it!

Leaving for a 4,000 mile cross country ride 3 weeks from today.

This is definately the Bike I am going to take.

I know there is probably an answer to the following question elsewhere on the forum, but I need to ask it here. Thanks.

I took my bars off the other day to install my Barons risers.

I found it impossible to install the bars on the risers.

Could not get them far enough away from the steering head to fit them.

Do I get the feeling that I have to loosen throttle / brake / clutch etc fittings and slide them down the bars to give me that spacing, then slide them back in position and do them up again?

Mind you, I tried doing it solo. May need to get the pillion-in-a-million child-bride of 35 years to help me.

Can't wait to get it done, but want to do it right.

I await your ever-forthcoming wisdom.

Buddy Rich,

Thanks for the URL.

I have rotated my handle bars thru many postions but would like them higher, and more level, so the extensions might just do the trick.

I will shake the piggy bank and see if enough $ fall out...

BTW I am 6'6" tall and weigh 280 LBS... so most bikes dont fit me, but the 2nd Gen RSV is the closets fit I could find.

Hey kite did you get the Baron ext yet? If so , what do you think?

Spear,

You probably need to snip a couple of ties behind the fairing and/or move the clutch and brake cylinders a little on the bars. Be careful of having a bind at full lock turns. You don't need the throttle sticking in that situation. After your done turn the bars all the way to the right and left and turn the throttle and see that it returns easily on it own.

Guest Dareman

I did not have to snip the ties.

I wiggled the cables and pulled on them and that gave enough slack to install the risers.

I put the right one on first, and tightened it just enough to hold it while I put the left one on. There was no binding and nothing "forced".

As you are installing them it will feel and look as though you do not have enough slack, but there is.

Question??? I have the chrome ignition cover instead of the black rubber factory cover on my bike. Others have said that the raised chrome cover will be in the way if you turn the bars to full lock out side to side. Is this possible and if so, what might the solution be?

Moakster :think:

I just stuffed the rubber bushing back in between the fairing and bars. It doesn't sit on anything on the bottom, but it puts enough forward pressure on the fairing to hold it steady. Just shove them back in. It is pretty tight, but that is what holds them in.

Guest Dareman

I did the same thing with my Fairing Bushings, It is a tight fit. I have put over 500 miles on the scooter since installing the risers and adjusting the Bushings. Nothing has moved or shifted.

Getting ready to do a 4,000 mile ride North through Utah, Idaho, Montana, through the Tetons, and Little Big Horn, beginning May 24 through sometime in June.

The RSMV will be the scooter I am taking.

There are several of us riding all cops........

We have named ourselves the "Wild Pigs"

This will be our first Pig Run.

• 3 months later...
Recently installed the Baron's Risers and love 'em. Had to re-route throttle cables to fix binding with the handle bars turned to the far right, not a big deal. You get about an 1" of rise and an inch closer, doesn't sound like much but it made for a perfect fit for me.

So I installed the risers in about 20 minutes, as everyone said it would take.

However, my throttle cable is so stiff when bars turned right, the throttle sticks and doesn't return to idle.

So LSupina and/or others, how does one reroute the throttle cable?

New territory for me here, the throttle cable disappears into a black abyss.....

Not sure where to loosen or reroute.

BTW, sitting in the garage, the bars sure feel a lot better.

I also took the rubber bumpers, flipped em upside down and backwards, seem to be wedged in there quite nicely.

• 7 months later...
Have any pics of those pucks? Installed, not just new pucks. LOL

Down here hockey pucks are kinda hard to find as is the ice to use them on.

The Baron 1" riser extentions work good for me, lot more comfortable...I am a small guy with short arms. 5'7" 185lb I did have some problems with the throttle cable routing. It was not really sticking but it would not return on its own when turned all the way to lock. I re-routed the throttle cable several times till I got this fixed. Also the bar clampss hit the black plastic around the ignition key when you go left or right to lock. The only time this is a issue most when parking.

I think I found a link on this site about using some car spring expanders to rebuild the rubber that supports the fairing. It evads me now...I found a set of 4 at Autozone and they are really easy to shape with a course file. I had to modify the orginal just a little to fit at the higher level and then made an extention to raise the orginals up in to position. I found a peice of metal to act as a strap to hold them together and painted it black so it would not stand out. Atached it with a couple of sheet metal screws. Fairing is proabaly tighter than it was from the factory and does not move untill you get in those really big pot holes.

Take your time and build some thing that looks as close to factory as you can.

:thumbsup:

That looks easy enough. Familiar with those (duh) since I used them on a car many years ago.

Just got done rerouting my cables. Still doesn't return on their own on hard turn. And I can't ride it yet to see if I have them adjusted correctly.

But she's lowered fore and aft!

• 2 weeks later...
Have any pics of those pucks? Installed, not just new pucks. LOL

While I didnt use pucks I did use an old solution to the problem:

Took the riser, laid it on its side and drilled and tapped a 1/4 20 hole and thread. Took a 1" OD section of pipe and sprayed it with rubber insulation so it kinda blends in with the rubber bumper and bolted it down with large washers to the side of the riser, which mimicks a handlebar section. Just install the riser and bumper and your done. Oh yea..you will need a second hand unless you have 3 arms.

Oh yea..you will need a second hand unless you have 3 arms.

You hit that one right on the head...had a time getting it all back together...another set off arms will help a bunch.

Got a lot of folks that think on this site...all kinds of different solutions to common problems.

Cool idea you had there.:thumbsup:

Cool idea you had there.:thumbsup:

Cant take credit for this one. This idea has been around for as long as there have been Barons risers. Another member, LetHimRide, had the drill press and the tap to do this. I tried installing it myself but found that you couldnt balance the handlebar, the riser AND the rubber insert at the same time, so my friend Dan came over to assist. :scorched: