So okay, almost exactly 2 years after installing my risers, I finally got around to fixing the tight-to-the-right cable problem.

Pulled off the front fairing and moved the back fairing forward too, as I had to snug down my triple tree bolts a bit from another previous mod.

Removing the throttle cables was a wee challenge. Had to loosen and move the brake to get to the screws on throttle housing. Then, some gentle tugging on the cable with needle-nose pliers and the cables were free from the housing.

With both fairings loose, it was a lot easier to see where the cables could go. I routed behind the black metal bars that I think are part of the frame, or fairing structure.

While there, I also removed the MP3 cable from cassette player, connected male to female with a 2' cord, routed that up the left bar. Now I don't have to open cassette cover to connect to my MP3! Also ready for Ponch's gauges when they arrive.

Put the back fairing in place, turned bars to far right and VOILA! No more sticking throttle.

Stripped the dang bolt/thread on the riders right of rear fairing attachment, replaced with bolt/nut. Also replaced a few of the front fairing bolts as they no longer seem long enough, weird.

Anyway, got it all back together and it's sure great to get this stuff done, by myself. :big-grin-emoticon:

Now, I just have to fix that leaking rear valve stem.....

• 8 months later...

I know this is an old post, but it still fits.

I installed risers this past weekend to see if they would help with the back pain I get sometimes and WOW.....the riding and turning positions are so different that it's like I'm gonna have to learn to ride all over again.

It feels really strange making tight turns now and it's hard to judge how much I have the bars turned when cornering.

Did anyone else notice this after installing the risers, or is it just me????

Not sure where you have your bars set but I had my bars raised up to about 1/4" from the closest point on the fairing. If yours is set too low, you may feel "weird". It does take a little while to get used to though. Kinda like kissing a new girlfriend for the first time..........:missingtooth:

Got my Baron's risers in the mail today. Reading the installation instructions, it say's, it won't work with the chrome dash cover ( I know about this) it also say's it won't work with the one piece riser cap which is what I have, will it or won't it work with the riser cap ?

Got my Baron's risers in the mail today. Reading the installation instructions, it say's, it won't work with the chrome dash cover ( I know about this) it also say's it won't work with the one piece riser cap which is what I have, will it or won't it work with the riser cap ?

Which riser's did you get?

If it's these one's, they will work on any RSV 1999 - 2011

http://www.baroncustom.com/catalog/display/777/index.html

Which riser's did you get?

If it's these one's, they will work on any RSV 1999 - 2011

http://www.baroncustom.com/catalog/display/777/index.html

Those are the one's I got. Will they work with the 1 piece riser cap? I'm not very happy with the finish on them though. Lot's of milling marks on them and what appears to be an anodized finish. I'll try to polish them out or get them chromed over the winter.

Those are the one's I got. Will they work with the 1 piece riser cap? I'm not very happy with the finish on them though. Lot's of milling marks on them and what appears to be an anodized finish. I'll try to polish them out or get them chromed over the winter.

Check my post #7 in this thread...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57431&highlight=riser

If your caps are the same as mine the risers will fit. I've seen others with chromed risers but not sure where they got them.

ahhhh... I don't think that is a stock cap and I can see why yours won't work. However, it appears that if you modified/repositioned the cruise switch.... maybe ??

I don't think I want to hack up the fairing. I'll give it a try, if I have to, I'll get some stock riser caps.

There was some talk at the beginning of this thread about changing to Flanders bars. I'm really not feeling the love for the dresser style bars that come on these bikes. Has anybody tried going to a beach style bar? I have mine tilted down on the low side anyway and those look more comfortable to me.

I'll try to polish them out or get them chromed over the winter.

I just got this set back from Britex. Going to have the caps done also. Takes him about 20 minutes so I'll run the caps over while installing.

I just got this set back from Britex. Going to have the caps done also. Takes him about 20 minutes so I'll run the caps over while installing.

Those are purty..... send them here I'll test them for ya . :) Is that chrome or powder coated ?

Those are purty..... send them here I'll test them for ya . :) Is that chrome or powder coated ?

I bet you would,, :big-grin-emoticon: The finish is polished aluminum. Had Britex take the anodising off and buff out the surface... I've done this to several aluminum items on the bike and it looks like chrome when done.

I just hope my fork tubes and beer cans come out as nice as the risers did. Im even gonna polish the floorboards! (see, there is more you can polish!)

Im also going to try and polish the front wheel covers. And the bolt heads, and the engine fins, and, and, and..........:smile5:

• Haha 1

I bet you would,, :big-grin-emoticon: The finish is polished aluminum. Had Britex take the anodising off and buff out the surface... I've done this to several aluminum items on the bike and it looks like chrome when done.

Did they use any type of clear after polishing ? I polished the wheels on my other bike like that, but, they are a P.I.T.A. to keep looking that way without a clearcoat.

I tried putting the risers on today, Barons is right, they won't work with the one piece star riser cap, it hits the fairing where the cruise switch is. So now I'm on the hunt for a set of stock riser caps. If you have an extra set I'd be interested in buying them.