IGNORED

Headset for RSV

Quicksilver

Anyone know if a head set is made to be used without a helmet or a half helment. And what kind do you think has better sound I thought about the yamaha ones. But somtimes I do not wear a helmet when going for a short ride. And would like to purchase a half helmet, So would like to find a headset that could do both. Or is that a pipe dream.:confused24:

I had a set made by audivox that Factory now has I got them from Taz at the first vogel.As for sound quality I personally dont understand someone that rides a bike wanting great sound quality from the bike or the headsets I must be deaf or something cause they both sound decent to me.Sorry but I am more into the ride than anything even though I just found the Sinatra channel on sirius thursday.

Jeff

I only need a headset I can understand what is being said , no matter the quality . Bad enough people have to understand what I say with no teeth and mouth full of chaw .:rotf::rotf::rotf:

If I need something that is sound studio quality , well I might as well stay home and turn up the surround sound . But my age now , I've notice the sense of hearing fading slowly away .

Perhaps, just a hand mic for the CB will do for you and listen to the external speakers .

BEER30

Quicksilver,

I always use a half helmet but did'nt want to pay over $200.00. I found a company at the Toronto bike show called IMC motorcom websit

www.imc-motorcom.com. The ones I bought are HS-G45. Only paid $75.00 and outstanding sound and fit quality. I ride with 3 other venture riders and all bought these headsets.

Screaming Red

Anyone know if a head set is made to be used without a helmet or a half helment. And what kind do you think has better sound I thought about the yamaha ones. But somtimes I do not wear a helmet when going for a short ride. And would like to purchase a half helmet, So would like to find a headset that could do both. Or is that a pipe dream.:confused24:

I'll be ordering a couple sets from this fellow this week. He seems to have a great product and so far has been a pleasure to deal with!

http://www.edsets.com/index.php

Guest KitCarson

I must be deaf also.....I have a good 200 dollar headset and also a Wingstuff J and M........I honestly cannot tell the difference in either......and the Wingstuff headset was like 60 dollars....and came with a drop cord.......I like the headset for a group ride....as for the radio......okay once in awhile....but I like to hear the bike.......the motor.....do not much care for tunes on a bike.....but have honestly used both sets with an MP3 player....cannot tell a bit of difference.........as for the original question......Wingstuff makes a half helmet set......for about 60 dollars also. Use it till one of the little wires breaks somewhere......and you can get parts for them also.

• 1 month later...
Quicksilver,

I always use a half helmet but did'nt want to pay over $200.00. I found a company at the Toronto bike show called IMC motorcom websit

www.imc-motorcom.com. The ones I bought are HS-G45. Only paid $75.00 and outstanding sound and fit quality. I ride with 3 other venture riders and all bought these headsets.

Screaming Red

I see on their website they have models for full face helmets.I like the idea of a slim speaker.

Did you buy at the show or can they be bought in the GTA.

Does the patch cord that comes with it (it says compatible with a Wing)

also fit the RSV or did you have to buy one seperate from them.

Thanks

Because the first thing to go is the hearing, right Jeff.........Oh Yeah, I have to speak up......

RIGHT JEFF?:rotf::rotf::rotf:

I had a set made by audivox that Factory now has I got them from Taz at the first vogel.As for sound quality I personally dont understand someone that rides a bike wanting great sound quality from the bike or the headsets I must be deaf or something cause they both sound decent to me.Sorry but I am more into the ride than anything even though I just found the Sinatra channel on sirius thursday.

Jeff

We just bought a pair of IMC motorcom HS-G45 with Goldwing OEM connection for $75 each.

HiFi speakers - good sound, and cable came with it.

To everyone with the HS-G45, can this headset be used with a 1/2 helmet and are they comfortable?

Yes, they can. I do. It is a little tight on the ears with the helmet neck cuff on, but not bad. I have not tried it with out the neck cuff yet.

• 2 years later...
Quicksilver,

Screaming Red

Screaming red, I looked on the websit you said an I could not find a HS-G45 on it ????

dave

Guys I have never paid over $90 for a headset and I have 4 of them The last one was J&M's best one and I bought it on ebay for $67 I also have one for a half helmet and one for no helmet. The only complaint I have with the helmetless one is it hurts my ears/head after about an hour or so. The j&m's are on ebay and amazon in fact there is one on ebay right now with like 1 hour left for $60 but it is for a 3/4 helmet. Goldwing or yamaha headsets are the same.