IGNORED

My Dinner with Miles

Miles

Okay, here is the deal:

If any of you remember the book and movie, Dinner with Andre'...I have decided that it might be FUN:cool10: to start a new thing with my rididng this year. As I have stated before, I am planning on attending several VR events this year, which means I am riding from the Seattle area to Tennessee and back...then riding to Ohio and back, then riding to Galena, IL., and back. I have several other rides scheduled too, but they are not VR rides, however they can fit into this FUN plan too.

On each of my rides...if there is anyone that lives along the way, and wants to have Dinner with Miles, I will try to go out of my way to be at a place and time so that we can have Dinner..."on me"...and then I continue on my ride.

Example, I am leaving here on Wednesday morning, May 8th, to ride down to Redding, Cal. to have my new seat done by Rick Mayer. That means that on Wednesday evening, I will be at a hotel in the Redding, Cal area, and available to have Dinner with anyone that lives in that area..."on me".

Next, I am leaving home on Wednesday, May 15th, early morning, and riding to Dresden, TN for the B2BDad/Mom barbeque. So...if anyone lives between Seattle and Tennessee, and wants to have Dinner with Miles on Wednesday night, let me know, and I will let you know where I think I will be that night. Probably about 1000 miles East of Seattle.

Do you get it ? Dinner with Miles is on me. I am buying. And I do not have all night to visit, but can take about 90 minutes to 2 hours out of my rest/sleep schedule to visit with VR members.

Questions?

:backinmyday:

Better clarify if you are buying dinner for one or for a whole group, just in case we all show up,, after all, we are an eating club with a riding disorder, so it might become somewhat costly.

That is a good point, and I suspected that this issue might come up. I do highly doubt that a large group will ashow up, given the "time" and "location" factors of having Dinner with Miles will involve.

My intent was to have Dinner with one or two people at a time, a more personal setting, where we could really talk, get to know one another, and not have a menage' a twenty.

I am more than happy to lay out the 13 different dates and locations that I will be available for Dinner, but...some may find that it is too late in the evening to wander too far from their homes. And, most will be mid-week, late in the vening, so they will have work considerations to think about, so again...will not wander too far from home.

By the time I am done doi9ng a 1000 mile day, and pull into a town for the night, to stay at a hotet and find a place to eat, it will usually be about 8:37 pm. That means...Dinner with Miles at 9:03 pm. (you have to love the precision of the times)

Given the hour...and being mid-week...I am gambling that it will be only 1 or 2 people at a time, if any.

So, Carl, to answer your question, I am buying Dinner for anyone that shows up on any of these specific 13 Dinner dates.

This does not include other dates that I will already be having Dinner with a large group of folks, like on Friday night, May 17th, when the group from the B2Bdad/mom comglomerate ride to a locale restaurant and have dinner together. I will be in that group that rides from the Martin, TN. motel to dinner.

The 13 Dinner with Miles dates will be more personal settings, some place where I can Meet & Eat with fellow or gal VR members, while on the road, journeying through their neck o' the woods, on my way to and from a VR or other event.

Later today I will posts and list all 13 dates for the Dinner with Miles opportunities. I do know what the dates are right now, but I need to attach a location to each date, so I need to figure out where my 1000 mile days are going to take me each day of each ride this year.

That, my friends, is commitment...when you are planning this far in advance to doing a 1000 mile day, each day on the road, and planning a specific place to be at, to have a Dinner date, so I "have" to be there. And folks, once you get to know me, you will find that I will in fact be there, with no excuses as to why this happened, or that happened. If I say I will be there at a specific time...I will be there 5 minutes before thast time. Period.

That is just cool. However if you showed up in my neck of the woods I would have to want to burn you a steak as my treat to reward you for your efforts. That is just how I am. Maybe the oportunity will present itself. Good times and great memories.

Bill

OK Miles here is a deal for you. A night or two lodging in your own private suite with wireless, cable tv , private bath and garage for your ride with well equipped tools. Meals on me! Look in my member profile for contact info. Offer valid for all vr members!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OK Miles here is a deal for you. A night or two lodging in your own private suite with wireless, cable tv , private bath and garage for your ride with well equipped tools. Meals on me! Look in my member profile for contact info. Offer valid for all vr members!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Oh boy, this just may end up being the longest thread ever..........:rotf:

Let me know of you get lost and end up in the Gulf Coast of Florida ! :whistling:

AngryAmish, it has been a very long time since I have been lost, when riding. Sometimes I have to ask for directions inside my local Home Depot, but the employees all tell me that I know where more things are than they do, so I am on my own.

I rarely get out to the Gulf Coast of Florida anymore...but I will keep that in mind. I am more of a cold weather rider, and try to avoid the heat and humidity.

Thanks though,

That is just cool. However if you showed up in my neck of the woods I would have to want to burn you a steak as my treat to reward you for your efforts. That is just how I am. Maybe the oportunity will present itself. Good times and great memories.

Bill

Bill, Ropesville is too far south for my teip to and from Tennessee this next month. I will be riding north of you, both directions.

If you get up to Western Canada...............

Kevin, I am going to make an intentional ride up to see you, and we may be forced into including that yaahoo that lives east of you...Rick. But I will get up there and have a meal with you, and Rick, or...you...then Rick. That would just be a day ride for me. Half day up...half day abck home.

Steve, that is a very nice offer, but...you live at the wrong end of Tennessee for my trip in May. Why not come out to western Tennessee, and join in on the barbeque ?

Well, let's see. Becky and I can meet you for dinner on May 17th in NW Tennessee for dinner. We can also meet you for dinner in NW Illinois in July. I can meet you in early June around Cleveland on a Friday night...:stirthepot::You_Rock_Emoticon:

Bob, oh Bob...first, I still have that R/R waiting to hand to you. I will give it to you in Oberlin, Ohio.

Second, of course you, of all people would choose the dates that WE are all getting together anyway for dinner, which is a group dinner gathering on May 17th in Tennessee, and a group dinner gathering on June 7th, in Ohio. Now, you know that these pre-arranged group dinners that are part and parcel of the larger VR events do not count as part of the Dinner with Miles program. You just want to stick me with the bill for 50 people eating together :no-no-no:...nice try Bob.

I will be at both of those dinner gatherings, but YOU need to find a time and place away from the maddening crowd to have dinner with me, to qualify for the free dinner.

What a great idea! If you are ever within a few hundred miles of Lubbock, let me know, maybe we can work something out.

Lubbock is also a little south of where my ride takes me in May. If you want to ride a couple hundred miles north, out-o-texas...then we can make that work.

Maybe you could make my neck of the woods one of your destinations, only go the long way around.

Brian, oh Dear Brian...I am more than happy to ride up to have a meal with you. You live so close to me, that it could be breakfast, or lunch,. or dinner. Gee...an hour away, won't even get the engine up to temp.

Lubbock is also a little south of where my ride takes me in May. If you want to ride a couple hundred miles north, out-o-texas...then we can make that work.

Oklahoma? There are a few of us here who could possibly meet up with ya sometime in the Tulsa area...:fingers-crossed-emo

Well I will keep an eye on your thread to see when and where you may end up... I do need to give this handy-dandy tourtank a good workout :Venture:

What a novel idea to get folks chasin after ya ... offer them a free meal! :stickpoke: :Laugh:

[...]

Ahem. And how many times have I seen you up in America's hat? :rasberry:

Point is, it clearly works :D