IGNORED

mounts and cup holders

dray

I guess I'm just Frugal...here's mine, $5.99 @ Kmarts

You know,

I have one of them expensive Road Runner models. But the more i see yours the more I like it. i guess this weekend I'll be off to k-mart. :doh:

So if anyone wants a Chrome Road Runner Cup Holder Keep an eye on the classified sections.:thumbsup2:

I had the one SQUIDLY has on my 1st gen and really liked it.

I tried some of the others on my 2nd gen and they don't last very long.

The vibration and weight of a 12oz bottle seems to break the plastic at the swivel or it cracks and breaks where it bolts up.

The one I have now I picked up in STURGIS this last Aug cause I needed something to hold my water bottle.

I should of gone back to what works (like the one SQUIDLY has).

It is inexpensive and works well.

When the one I have now breaks, I will head to Wal-Mart again..............Ron

• 9 months later...
Guest Vermincelli
I like mine because it's simple and cheap! I dont drink coffee so it works great for me. It will fit an insulated mug as you can bend the holder being it's Aluminum.

With the 1st gen I found the bar mounts got in the way when turning. so I'm like you, went simple. (plus I'm a HUUUUGE slurpee fanatic)

This is the one I plan on getting. I have the Ram one and Its not bad but I hate having so much crap hanging in front of me. I saw a buddy with this nifty little magnetic one and its neat and out of the way.

http://www.magneticcupholder.com/products.html

This is the one I wanted, but they never responded to my inquiry, e-mails, or phone call

.:Avatars_Gee_George:

With the 1st gen I found the bar mounts got in the way when turning. so I'm like you, went simple. (plus I'm a HUUUUGE slurpee fanatic)

Wish I could get one of those things in there, but my knees have first rights. About the only thing i don't like about the 1stGen is the lack of round mounting areas lost because of the risers.... Any 1stGenner out there with some sort of trick cup holder instalation??

I use the black one sold here. Really like it. http://www.ngatraders.com/

I am assuming you are referring to the Barefoot Willies "Cool Rider". I had one of those and was doing some rearranging and found that the backside of the clamp had cracked from both sides so that only a thin sliver of the thing was holding it together.

Guest Vermincelli
Wish I could get one of those things in there, but my knees have first rights. About the only thing i don't like about the 1stGen is the lack of round mounting areas lost because of the risers.... Any 1stGenner out there with some sort of trick cup holder instalation??

That is where I had a little problem with mine, I had to move it out towards the edge to give my knee a little more room.

I was looking this morning at other spots and another idea would be to rig something on the luggage bar behind your leg. There are a few water bottle holders using leather for different bikes but it gave me an idea for a more solid cup holder.

Since I have to make new dash panels this winter to hold the CLASS and stereo, I am going to use sheet aluminum. I may have to see if that would work out.