Tour Deluxe,

I don't think that I understood what you are saying.

I have a 05 RSTD and as we know has no audio stuff, so are you saying that you are listening to an Ipod through your headset?

If so, where is your Ipod?

I know someone who stuck his to the side of his helmet. (Ipod)

Steve

Robert, I too have an 05 RSTD and am thinking about the J&M CB and radio. I will be looking to see what info you get. I sent an e-mail to J&M and have yet to receive a rep;ly. Will try again on Monday and post what I get back.

As I under stand the J+M unit, its for any bike that does not have any audio. Its a stand alone unit.

Just hook to 12volts.

You need their unit, and their head set and Mic set up, and the cable from headset unit to the Radio unit.

It takes inputs from mp3 music, and gps, and radar det.

Check out their web site, all the equipment and accessories are shown there.

I've been seriously considering replacing the whole audio system on my '84 VR with the J&M unit and using my Ipod for tunes. Any comments or recommendations?? Any negative thoughts??

Since when did you become serious? I wouldn't think twice about replacing the audio, the only thing as mentioned, your speakers will not work with the J&M setup, not enough power in the amp, but then you could leave the old amp in place and use it for the speakers. Nice thing about the J&M is that if you should get another scoot, you can easily take it with you or even sell it separate, depending on what the other scoot already has.

Since when did you become serious? Nice thing about the J&M is that if you should get another scoot...

Yea Carl, like I would even consider getting rid of Goldie...

I hadn't thought about the speaker thing, and I do still occasionally use them when I solo ride.

Last year, I put the J & M 2003 Dual Unit on my 05 TD, with the new Nolan Helmets, J & M ear pieces and Roady XM - all from Sierra Electronics and had them install the speakers in the helmets. Nice people to work with.

The unit(s) do what they are supposed to do - I get my music, if the passenger or other bikes talk, the music cuts out. I had the local Yamaha dealer install it. I don't believe they installed it correctly. I will periodically get tons of static. I have played around with the squelch and get this to work.

Sometimes, I can't talk with the other bikes and I believe that is because of a poor connection between the helmet cord and patch cord. This year I got the Big Ear hearing plugs, so I had to buy the adaptor to be able to plug in those ear buds, and that seems to work better. My only other complaint on the unit is there is no treble/bass adjustment for the music, and sometimes listening to the 60's station, the treble blasts the old ear drums out.

Having said all that, I don't know if there is another CB or all in one unit out there available for our bikes. I am going to be pulling the bike apart again in a month or so, and will look closely at how everything got wired - to try and eliminate the engine static coming through the headsets.

Bob:

Mother was telling me he has an adapter that allows you to take out the Cassette player and plug an MP3 player in place of it. That sounds to me like a good solution and I'm considering going that way. Cassettes are very old technology and I doubt I'd ever use it. Maybe Mother will chime in here and fill you in.

Wayne

The unit is actually cheaper from sierra electronics by a long shot. Just so you know.

This is where I got Rhonda's J&M CB. Works good but has had one small problem, with crackling, but the guys at J&M Said I needed to tune the antenae, just have not got there yet. I put on a 2' antenae that they do not list but they do have it. Did not like the looks of the 3 ft antenae.

Yes any Ipod (MP3) will plug right in and play through the headset speakers.

Bob:

Mother was telling me he has an adapter that allows you to take out the Cassette player and plug an MP3 player in place of it.

Yes and if it not taped all the way it blows the fuse real easy just ask Swifty. :rotf:

Brad

Ive got the J&M on mine i love it i dont use it much but for long rides. mostly i dont use my helmet when its hot. ( I know not good idea)

actually i removed all my stock stuff and installed a sony marine stereo under the dash with a remote on the dash I pod transponder on the dash built in XM satalite and all hooked up with the J&M cb. though the cb can only be heard with the helmet.

;pme eagle mentioned the lack od bass controll in the helmet speakers. with my set up the dash speakers still play and i can hear in the helmet and dash so i adjust the hedset music volume to even it out nice for the dash bass of the polk speakers i installed and the headset speakers.

As I under stand the J+M unit, its for any bike that does not have any audio. Its a stand alone unit.

quote]

atually it work with existing audio also i wired mine in with my stereo rather then a walkman set up as they discribe/ when the cb come obver the squelch the stereo is muted in the headset.

Bob:

Mother was telling me he has an adapter that allows you to take out the Cassette player and plug an MP3 player in place of it. That sounds to me like a good solution and I'm considering going that way. Cassettes are very old technology and I doubt I'd ever use it. Maybe Mother will chime in here and fill you in.

Wayne

Already have that, Wayne! Found a HP at Big Lots for a dollar, and it works much much better than the FM transmitter. As a matter of fact I gave my FM transmitter to Scott and he ended up giving it back to me a month later...

• 2 weeks later...

I am installing a j&m intergrater system on mine this year. I am after the intercom more than the others but the midland cb and radio input are going to be used. It looks like a nice system and I hope it works as good as some of the reviews I have read. I will post on here after I get it done but with the snow it could be a little bit before I can install it or try it out.