IGNORED

when did they change MK I to MK II

if i get my BP settelment in time i am looking at an 86 and an 85 when did yamaha start putting the 1300 in the venture local guy selling a 86 for 2000.00 and will throw in an 85 rolling chasie with all the extra parts not running the 86 needs tlc to get it running here is the craigs list link im thinking its a little to much even for 2 bikes what do yall think

http://gulfport.craigslist.org/mcy/3671466329.html:confused24:

:no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no: im not telling him about my family here :whistling:i did text him and he responded back and wants 1500.00 for both bikes 4 helmets all with intercom system setup for the bikes and a joe rocket jacket only worn 2 times i told him i want to see it but wont beable to look at it for atlest 2 weeks depending on my BP oil spill medical settelment and i only live 20 miles fro him so i can make 2 trips with a bike trailer i will let him know about VR.org after i buy the bikes he also said he has plenty of extra parts for both bikes i will see :confused24:

if i get my BP settelment in time i am looking at an 86 and an 85 when did yamaha start putting the 1300 in the venture local guy selling a 86 for 2000.00 and will throw in an 85 rolling chasie with all the extra parts not running the 86 needs tlc to get it running here is the craigs list link im thinking its a little to much even for 2 bikes what do yall think

http://gulfport.craigslist.org/mcy/3671466329.html:confused24:

There is quite a bit on the 85 that won't work on the 86.

Saddlebags & trunk

Any of the brakes

Front forks

Carbs are different

Cruise components are different

Dash has minor differences

Headlight & windshield trim - i see it missing in picture.

Anti dive units

Wiring harness

Most of the motor block & components

Swingarm.

Gary

Edited by dingy
added motor

#1 NOT the same engine as VMax!! Similar but not the same!!

#2 Asking too much for a non running bike!!

#3 the only aftermarket I see is the driver floorboards. Everything else he lists is standard equipment on the Royale *edit* I see aftermarket front fender guard and chrome front fender tip...

#4 I'm thinking the '85 he wants to throw in is of little use to you.

#5 he needs spell check...

Frankly I'd pass on it!! Cut the price in half AND throw in the '85 and you would have a reasonable deal...

I agree with Bob

$2K is way to much for a bike that will not even turn over let alone run.

The lower fairing are broken, half of it is still hanging there. the side panels are missing.

If he will not go for 1K for both bikes and whatever spare parts he has laying around then offer 500 for just the newer one. he is looking for a sucker to over pay, don't be afraid to return the favor and insult him some.

There was just a Venture Royal sold on this site in excellent condition with lots of bling for less than 2K.

I also agree...be careful ! I bought my 87 non-running with a "great story" from the seller. "Running when parked two years ago" "Rode it all over Arizona before I parked it" Etc Etc Etc... It was in a nice airplane hanger, he had a cool plane, drove a nice car, rebuilding a nice Vette at his house.... I thought clean carbs and ride it....

WRONG... :no-no-no: he had screwed so much up on it, probably trying to get it running... stripped carb bolts, used clear silicone on the carbs ..all inside n out ! wired the headlight wrong, and my favorite.. hooked up the vacuum on the left front cylinder to the vacuum of the cruise control :shock3:.

I have put a lot of time and $$ in this bike and it is still apart and barely runs. I could have bought a nice bike for the time and money I have in it.

Go in low $$... or don't go in.. :no-no-no:

thanks everybody for the info as for the 85 parts bike i could probably use a few things from it on my 84 as for the picture of the so called 86 (which does look like an 88) can be decieving thats why im not commiting until i look at it in person and can take my own pics to post on here for yalls opinion and aproval or denial which i value highly again thanks for yalls input one last thing with a hot battery if i cant get it to turn over and run even crapy i will offer less or back out