IGNORED

trunk light

1stGen Mark II Royales come stock with a nifty trunk light and vanity mirror combination. They can sometimes be found on Ebay. They're run thru a contact switch, but I bet they can be modified to actuate with something like a mercury switch. To my knowledge mercury switches aren't being made any longer because of EPA regs, but there has to be a substitute.

If you mean a light to illuminate the inside of the trunk, then this is what I use:

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/Products/Dotitlights/

I picked a couple up at my local h/w store for under $10.

Cheers,

I have 3 of these lights, given to me by my daughter last birthday.

I contemplated putting 1 on the underside of my top-box lid but decided not to, as there is always a strong possibility of something inside the box turning it on by bumping it, or indeed having the box loaded to the top and closing the lid down also activating it. A chance of flattening the batteries or maybe the heat (if there's any from the LEDs) doing some damage to something within. You also have to remember that once you attach these lights with the double-sided tape you cannot replace the batteries without pulling the unit away and ruining the tape. I suppose you could apply more tape - but as you've probably guessed by my input IT'S JUST SEEMS LIKE TOO MUCH TROUBLE!:(

its just a thought but under the hood of your old chevy trucks there is a small light with a cord on a spool you could use in the trunk or pull it all the way up to the front tire if needed its only about 3x4x2 it would make a great light for emergences to

Another thumbs up for the mini stick-on lights. A word of advice: be sure to mount it in the exact center if you plan on putting two helmets in the trunk... if it's off to the side, it'll hit the top of the helmet and (1) turn the light on and (2) possibly scratch the helmet. Other than that-- it throws plenty of light, I can twist it off the base to change batteries & LEDs don't generate enough heat to damage anything if it happens to get left on.

Guest tx2sturgis

I keep a small LED flashlite in the trunk...anyone think of that?

You can use it for looking around in the saddlebags at nite, digging thru all the accumulated junk in the trunk, shine it in that stupid little oil sight glass to check the oil...hand it to a friend whos lost his keys at nite, illuminate the tire when you have to change it on the road...hang it by the wrist-strap from the throttle while you overhaul the motor at 3:30 am on a Monday morning on Route 3...you get the idea.

2nd gens are manly mens bikes...we dont need no stinkin make-up mirror and trunklite!

:rotf:

I got a sylvania dot-it at parts store. It would not stick onto lid. So I used a piece of industrial strength velcro and also was able to stick the light onto the lid where it curves where it closes over the latch mechanism on the bottom part thus avoiding any objects that would be put into the trunk!