IGNORED

Bad bad bad day

BIG TOM

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might reflect my southern upbringing, but fried chicken livers taste pretty darn good! I cannot cook beef liver worth a flip, but I used to love that too.

beef liver.............fry lots of onions.....then the liver...about 20 seconds on the first side then 15 on the flip side ................yum yum.......:fatsmiley:

beef liver.............fry lots of onions.....then the liver...about 20 seconds on the first side then 15 on the flip side ................yum yum.......:fatsmiley:

Mom and my Dad's mom used to flour the liver before pan frying. I don't remember there being onions used with the liver, that's been about 25 yrs since I have had the calf liver. I'm a decent cook and primarily self taught, my mother refused to share her recipes or even teach me to cook, so a few things like pan frying anything is difficult. However I have perfected chicken marsala somehow. :doh: Oh and if any veggies must be chopped...then Mike or whomever is available gets recruited.

Liver without onions??? Unthinkable...

Yeah well, Mike's allergic to onions, so things I make that he eats, no onions, things like tomato soup that I think needs onions...are hands off for him. I don't remember Mom making calf liver with onions, but she may have, as I said, it's been at least 25 yrs since I've had calf liver, it was a rare treat....now pork brains and eggs...that was much more common until I was about 10 or so.

The BEST liver.....

Coat the liver in flower and fry in butter at a high temp just long enough to make the outside crisp.

then put some water or so in the pan....not enough to cover the liver.

meanwhile, fry some onions, green peppers, mushrooms and a few strips of bacon.

Put bacon and veggies over liver , cover and simmer

You can add a bit of gravy browner and add flour to thicken gravy if needed.

YUM!

Now...having said that....my brother won't touch the stuff. He points out the function of the liver is a TOXIC FILTER:stirthepot:

Lambs testicles and bacon.............pretty rare around this house also....:whistling: Now if you're talking mothballs........we have some in our closet....:rotf:

No, smarty pants..... it's lambs' liver. But I like to eat crumbed lambs brains!! Used to take them sliced up in my sandwiches at school :rotf::rotf:

you have a lot of simpathy from me . at the time my house wae built some one droped a rock into the tank partly blocking it but after four years it finly backed every thing up. like you what a mess. the fixe a steel bar driving it out.take care.:080402gudl_prv:

I think you are all NUTS..........:rasberry: .............:sign just kidding:

I enjoy liver and onions but my wife cant stand it and wont cook it.. but the rest of the "body parts" mentioned in the above posts you can all have...just not for me.

you have a lot of simpathy from me . at the time my house wae built some one droped a rock into the tank partly blocking it but after four years it finly backed every thing up. like you what a mess. the fixe a steel bar driving it out.take care.:080402gudl_prv:

That happened to a friend of mine.

When his house was built someone put a rock in the sewer line (city sewer) that caused backup issues years down the road. It was determined that the rock was put there during construction because due to its size and location there was no other possible way for it to get there other than intentional. The contractor that built the house ended up paying to have the the front yard dug up, the driveway dug up, and all of the new landscaping done.