IGNORED

Anyone get the new windows 8 phone?

star4772

I've been using a Driod (HTC) for a couple years - text, internet, email, google, utube oh and it has a phone feature :thumbsup:

Yeah I have an android now and was thinking of going to the windows 8 phone so was wondering if anyone had one and how they like it.

One of my sons, who has always had an iPhone, recently got the Lumia 920. He loves it. I have played with it (I have had Droids for years) and I have to admit that it is impressive! Fast, smooth, beautiful display, the most awesome camera I've ever seen on a phone. When my contract expires next July, I'm going to have a tough decision to make. As of right now, the WP8 is the leading contender.

Joe

Joe, best I can give you is this. My Best Friend got one. ;)

Anyway, he let me play with it, and showed me features on the phone. He has always been a MS Phone guy.

Cool things about the Nokia 920. It has the "pad charging" ability, where you lay it on a pad and it will charge your phones without wires. Suhweet!

The phone is 4LTE, uber fast, the screen is 16:9 and stunning, the Win8 OS was smooth.

It comes with MS Office, so I watched him open business Excel spreadsheets with graphs on the phone. I thought the customization was pretty nice. (I have an iPhone 3Gs)

It was really lite, super thin. Buttons were easy to reach. Only gripes my friend seemed to have dealt with Win8, not the phone itself. And those were minor to the point of nit-picky. Ha!

I myself am ready to look around for a phone. I am leaning towards the Samsung Galaxy S3 (Anyone have feedback on the S3?)

A REALLY nice phone. I would not hesitate to buy it IF I wanted a Win8 phone.

And I still might. LOL!

Quote The Marshal

"I myself am ready to look around for a phone. I am leaning towards the Samsung Galaxy S3 (Anyone have feedback on the S3?)

"

I do have Galaxy S3 for work, and iPhone 4S as my private cell. Comparing to Galaxy and iPhone I would say stay away from Samsung's bad shameless copy of iPhone.

Pros: None

Cons:

1- To big for handle with one hand. size is to big even for my hands and Im 5'11" wonder

2- Call drops are way more often than iPhone, GPS same.

3- ( free) GPS doesent work. Take good few minutes to lock satelite.

4- Android pop up comercials while you browsing

5- e-mail accts are wired

6- each time you are using Wi-Fi connections, Bluetooth or GPS, has to be manualy disconected, otherwise your battery will last 2 hours. ( Stupid :doh:)

7- From 10% battery life to fully charged take good 2-3 hours

Trying to get on market and beat Apple's supperior phone, but not there jet. Never have chance to play with Windows phone either.

Edited by stardbog

Guest tx2sturgis

4- Android pop up comercials while you browsing

5- e-mail accts are wired

6- each time you are using Wi-Fi connections, Bluetooth or GPS, has to be manualy disconected, otherwise your battery will last 2 hours. ( Stupid :doh:)

Hey I'm a fan of Apple, but fair is fair.

Most all smartphone apps display commercials (ads) at one point or another, especially on the free apps. Even on the iPhone.

What do you mean the email accts are 'wired'?

Wifi won't drain the battery if you go into the settings and change the wifi radio to turn off when the screen sleeps.

I've been using a Driod (HTC) for a couple years - text, internet, email, google, utube oh and it has a phone feature :thumbsup:

That's what I use also. My HTC has been ROCK SOLID.

I have a HTC 4G Rezound with the World Phone latest update & extended battery.

(Unlocked & Rooted)

A couple years back, I had a HTC Windows phone. It was terrible.

JohnB

That's what I use also. My HTC has been ROCK SOLID.

I have a HTC 4G Rezound with the World Phone latest update & extended battery.

(Unlocked & Rooted)

A couple years back, I had a HTC Windows phone. It was terrible.

JohnB

A couple of years back, most android phones weren't so hot either in comparison to today's phones. The new Windows 8 phone is light years ahead of the older Windows phones.

Let's be fair.

Joe

I have an HTC Desire for about a year .. Android OS ver 2.3.5

Nice device but I don't use anything more than phone, texting, and music. I doubt if I will ever go much beyond that and by the time I'm ready to change, the Win8 phone will be extinct! LOL

One of my sons, who has always had an iPhone, recently got the Lumia 920. He loves it. I have played with it (I have had Droids for years) and I have to admit that it is impressive! Fast, smooth, beautiful display, the most awesome camera I've ever seen on a phone. When my contract expires next July, I'm going to have a tough decision to make. As of right now, the WP8 is the leading contender.

Joe

I was at the att store the other day and they even said its the next phone over the Iphone 5 they said they been having alot of customers coming back to switch to the nokia 920. So what does that tell ya.

Joe, best I can give you is this. My Best Friend got one. ;)

Anyway, he let me play with it, and showed me features on the phone. He has always been a MS Phone guy.

Cool things about the Nokia 920. It has the "pad charging" ability, where you lay it on a pad and it will charge your phones without wires. Suhweet!

The phone is 4LTE, uber fast, the screen is 16:9 and stunning, the Win8 OS was smooth.

It comes with MS Office, so I watched him open business Excel spreadsheets with graphs on the phone. I thought the customization was pretty nice. (I have an iPhone 3Gs)

It was really lite, super thin. Buttons were easy to reach. Only gripes my friend seemed to have dealt with Win8, not the phone itself. And those were minor to the point of nit-picky. Ha!

I myself am ready to look around for a phone. I am leaning towards the Samsung Galaxy S3 (Anyone have feedback on the S3?)

A REALLY nice phone. I would not hesitate to buy it IF I wanted a Win8 phone.

And I still might. LOL!

My boss has the Galaxy S3 and he is on the 3rd one. He keeps having trouble with it as far as the functionality of it. He is now looking to swap it out. Thats the only feedback I have encountered so far.

A couple of years back, most android phones weren't so hot either in comparison to today's phones. The new Windows 8 phone is light years ahead of the older Windows phones.

Let's be fair.

Joe

Saw a friends Windows Mobile 7.5 phone the other day and you are not kidding. Well the user interface anyways has been made to look and feel more like the other kinds [iKinds and Android]. Smooth, quick and even makes toast and coffee.

My old reliable Windows mobile 6.5 phone that makes phones calls, e-mail, syncs with outlook, text messages and has a battery that lasts me ~ 1 week in between charges (in addition to the capability of movies, the interwebs, pictures, navigation, weather, etc etc) works for me. It was a huge huge step up from my nearly rotary dial cell phone that my 85 year old grandmother harassed me about hers being more advanced than mine...

No, the windows mobile 6.5 is NOT perfect - but it works very well for what I need. I can keep my information synchronized between myself, my computer and my server without having to use google. Not to mention I do not have to pay the silly 'premium' data fees.

Sorry to contribute to the thread Hijack...

I have had 4 Droids. The last was a Samsung Galaxy II. Great phone. Never had a problem.

Currently have a Iphone5. I'll switch to Win8 phone on the next one. I don't get what people see in this little phone. Screen is too small for one thing. And in no way do I see how Samsung is a copy of an Iphone . Two totally different worlds and OS's right down to the mere size of the screen.

I have had 4 Droids. The last was a Samsung Galaxy II. Great phone. Never had a problem.

Currently have a Iphone5. I'll switch to Win8 phone on the next one. I don't get what people see in this little phone. Screen is too small for one thing. And in no way do I see how Samsung is a copy of an Iphone . Two totally different worlds and OS's. Apples attempt at Maps is a joke. Don't even go there on the Iphone. The thing was gonna take me to Randolph AFB and I was looking for the Greyhound bus station.