IGNORED

'88 How do I turn on my auxilary lights?

sorry...picture didn't come thru.

I'm thinking if they are front running lights....mounted on the crash bars or horn brackets, then maybe the PO wired them directly in with the headlights.

If you can't find a switch anywhere, then all you can do is start tracing wires and using a tester.

These front lights. I think they came stock on the bike.

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=5&messageId=04838110-10d7-11e2-8e7d-002264c17c74&Aux=50|0|8CF72FAEEB52A50||0|0|0|0||&cid=d4a8f38f0aeab527&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att&blob=NXxEU0NOMDM0Ny5KUEd8aW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d_3d

They probably didn't. Most likely they were fitted by a previous owner and there are several possibilities.

There is a switch that you haven't found

They come on with the main lights but there is a problem

Check the bulbs and trace the wiring. It should go through a relay and to a fuse ... either may be faulty.

Let us know what you find.

Well, I'm on a 'Wing now, but if I remember correctly, the "passing lamps" on my '07 RSV had a push button switch on the fairing right next to the 12V receptacle. Out of sight, out of mind, but it turned 'em on and off! Somewhere down in there I think. MY BAD, I just saw he's got a 1st gen. Oh, well, maybe someone with a RSV doesn't know about the switch?

Let me try again---

On my '84 VR I added a pair of aux. lights, and I put a rocker switch on the flat surface on the inner part of the right side of the fairing, wired to a relay. You'll just have to look for a switch. Maybe no switch at all, possibly wired through a relay to come on with low beams. Tracing the wiring may be the only way to solve your mystery.

Sean,

Some good advise here, personally I dont have a switch on my driving lights. They are hooked up directly to a relay that comes on when I turn the ignition to the on position.

You'll more than likely have to pull the fax gas tank cover and see where the wires are hooked into? If they have an inline fuse hooked directly to the battery or something to that effect.

Some pics would be helpful in helping you trace it down.

These front lights. I think they came stock on the bike.

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=5&messageId=04838110-10d7-11e2-8e7d-002264c17c74&Aux=50|0|8CF72FAEEB52A50||0|0|0|0||&cid=d4a8f38f0aeab527&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att&blob=NXxEU0NOMDM0Ny5KUEd8aW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d_3d

Even though it looks like it might, drag and drop does not work here.

In order to attach a pic to a message, on the reply page look near the bottom in Additional Options where you will find a button "Manage Attachments". Clicking the button will open a dialogue box where you can browse to the pic on your computer which will than get uploaded to the site with your message.