IGNORED

Thanx Beer 30

Relaxin

I would like to thank Beer 30 for assisting me today. While riding to Jacksonville, NC from Havelock (bout a 45 min drive) I was just about at my destination when my bike died while sitting at a red light. I was worried because I was using a heated vest and gloves for the first time, along with the stereo, and passing lights. While sitting there trying (without success) to restart my bike I just knew I had drained the battery or trashed the electrical system. My wife rode her bike to our destination and got Beer 30 to come back and assist her stressed out husband with his disabled scoot. When Beer 30 arrived I stood there tools in hand ready to dissassemble the bike to find the problem. As he looked it over and made his assessment of the malfunction he graciously suggested that I place the kill switch in the run position WALLAH it started :whistling:. I did not know I had hit the kill switch and was TOO wrapped up in all the damage I thought the new electrical toys had caused to think things out when trying to restart the bike.

As we both stood there in the rain laughing he smiled and said my secret was safe with him.

Thanks Beer for assisting me and, better yet, "Keeping it simple!"

Jerry:thumbsup:

As for me trying to start it with the kill switch on.... well....my wife is still laughing and I don't think she'll let me forget this for awhile :buttkick:

[quote=Freebird;

I'm PRETTY SURE that you are the only one who has ever done that. :whistling:

I agree with you Freebird,

I dont know a sole here who has ever done that......:whistling::buttkick:

Hey Relaxin,

I'm not sure how your gonna hold your head up from this one...

Oh, and that beer30 guy.....he's an OK fella in my book..

Hey Jerry ! It's was my pleasure to assist . When your pretty young wife there yelled at me in the parking lot , I thought that I was going to get lucky ! :whistling: Not every day I get the pleasure .

Today in Jacksonville , we had that crazy cult that call themselves a church WBC , pay a visit to disgrace our military and the good ole US of A . Only 5 showed up to for a few hours to protest . While many groups like Rolling Thunder , PGR , Veterans , VFW's to name a few , all showed up on the other side of town to show our support for the Military . What was funny , the City of Jacksonville granted that cult their permit , but detour the bulk of the traffic to another route . :rotf::rotf:

Old Glory was a waving gloriously from both supporters and passer-by's . Horns were a honking and hands and flags were waiving . It was a warm 35 degrees , raining , but did not prevent all the biker's from attending .

But back to the topic . Jerry , next time you break down , break down a little further down the road , so me and your wife and get some more riding time in ! :rotf::rotf::rotf::stirthepot:

BEER30

I think being around BEER30 is a jinx.

If I remember right (old age you know :rotf:), the first time Mechanic and I rode with BEER30, we were going through Atlanta, bike died going about 80 in the left lane, so coasted over.

Yeppers, hit the kill switch by accident because of the big gloves I had on. :whistling:

So me thinks getting to close to BEER30, the bikes want to die :stirthepot::stirthepot::rasberry::rasberry:

I think being around BEER30 is a jinx.

If I remember right (old age you know :rotf:), the first time Mechanic and I rode with BEER30, we were going through Atlanta, bike died going about 80 in the left lane, so coasted over.

Yeppers, hit the kill switch by accident because of the big gloves I had on. :whistling:

So me thinks getting to close to BEER30, the bikes want to die :stirthepot::stirthepot::rasberry::rasberry:

Hey , you got a pretty wife too !

But you cannot pin this on me this time , as I didn't even know they were going to be there . They just happened to see me pass by earlier .

BEER30

It's not you guys hitting the kill switch, it's Gene. What you all don't know about him is that he's Telekinetic.....He gets the feeling when a Venture Rider is near and he does his thing and flips the switch off and kills your bike. You know you didn't do anything wrong so you start looking for something technical.You eventually have to call him for his help. He does this just so noone comes to his town without stopping to visit . He's kinda sneaky about it.:hurts:

It's not you guys hitting the kill switch, it's Gene. What you all don't know about him is that he's Telekinetic.....He gets the feeling when a Venture Rider is near and he does his thing and flips the switch off and kills your bike. You know you didn't do anything wrong so you start looking for something technical.You eventually have to call him for his help. He does this just so noone comes to his town without stopping to visit . He's kinda sneaky about it.:hurts:

Now you had to go and tell Genes secret didnt you?

How many members are now going to stay away from Jacksonville now just so they dont do the same thing?

Beer 30 is a great guy and is always glad to help a biker I even heard that he helped a Hd rider because he thought it was a second gen last summer lol

Jeff

Sneaky? YES! My wife and I were standing on the flag line today when I decided to go back to the bike and get the camera. I got the camera out, was standing in the parking lot and decided to take a picture of my wife. I zoomed in and took the shot. I was surprised when I got back home and downloaded the photos and there was Gene sneaking down towards my wife :think::stirthepot:.

[ATTACH]14896[/ATTACH] Brother we really enjoyed your company today!!! Jerry

Actually Gene is very good at sneaking up on folks. He did it to me at the last meet and eat we had.

Hey Jeff, I didn't mean it in a bad way. I hear Gene's a gracious host and loves company. He just wants to make sure we stop by on our way through.

Jeff wasn't upset. He was just joking. Hope you didn't think he meant it like he was mad.

Margaret