IGNORED

new yamaha,s

bdyohecomcast.net

Was at the dealer today told me that star motorcycles are now the designation for yamaha. There will only be a small yamaha engraved on the motor. Also for all of us venture riders the 09 will be totaly redesigned the proto type is already built and being tested. Bill 07 Venture , 95 honda ace, 1100 classic , vtx 1800

Was at the dealer today told me that star motorcycles are now the designation for yamaha. There will only be a small yamaha engraved on the motor. Also for all of us venture riders the 09 will be totaly redesigned the proto type is already built and being tested. Bill 07 Venture , 95 honda ace, 1100 classic , vtx 1800

Is this dealer a reputable source for this inside info? I/we've all heard rumors about redesign and upgrades and such. So far none have been true. We have at least 10 months to sit and wonder about the 09 RSV.

:usa::biker::checkeredflag:

Actually, since the 07 season there have been designated "Star" motorcycles and there have been designated "Yamaha" motorcycles.

Generally, the Star brand includes all the cruiser models and the Yamaha brand includes the off-road and sportbike models.

Terry

Regarding the motor, it seems to me the choices for the future of the Venture are down to:

1. stick with the current 1300 V-4
  2. upgrade to the new 1800 V-4 that's proposed for the next V-Max
  3. convert to the 1854 V-twin already in the Stratoliner, Roadliner and the new Raider

Any bets on the table?

Terry

I heard the same thing from a dealer out here on the west coast. He told me that all they know is that the RSV will be redesigned. He has heard rumors from the mechanics that the V-4 is going away because it would cost too much to update it to the new emissions standards. He also told me that their mechanics are being told that the new "standard" cruiser engine will be the 1800cc V-twin. I looked up the specs and it has a great power band and plenty of hp and torque to handle the RSV no problem. I guess we will see...

"depends if they want to continue with the Harley look or go back to compete with the Wing. Be cheaper to spruce up a Stratoliner"

Yamaha apparently gave up trying to compete with the Wing when they stopped making the 1st Gen, and it seems they have little to no chance of ever getting back into that game. I don't see how they could possibly make up for the 15 years of lost time in development.

Whether or not you want to call it "the Harley look", Yamaha (now Star) has built a very solid reputation with its' cruiser line. I'm thinking they will actually be more competitive with HD if they switch to the big V-twin.

Accordingly, I'm betting the Stratoliner/Roadliner will get "dressed up" and become the next generation Venture.

:stirthepot:

Terry

Accordingly, I'm betting the Stratoliner/Roadliner will get "dressed up" and become the next generation Venture.

:stirthepot:

Terry

I've said this from the very first time I sat on a Stratoliner. I think Yamaha put the Strato out there as test to see if it would work and be accepted. It has the size needed to get full fairing and become a full dress tourer. If I had the money I would by a Strato and use it as my daily commuter bike.

I would prefer to have the V4 in the Venture for pure long distance, long life performance. The V4 is pretty much bullet proof. The new VMax V4 would be awesome if not a bit scary on the RSV.

I wouldn't have a problem with the 1800 V-Twin. I've seen the Corbin Mods on a Strato and really lived the look. If it had a Stereo I would have seriously considered it. It will be a long time before I consider getting rid of the RoadKill Racer. I've got it just the way I want it now, almost :whistling:and I love the color. Can't wait to see what the RSV will be. I hope beyond hope that they DO NOT go with the WING look, because for me that would mean my next bike would be a HD. I just do not like the modern look of the Wing or Victory. I know the Wing is a SUPER bike just not something I think I would want.

I think it will have an automatic transmission...........and a set of back up pedals like a MOPED........:whistling::whistling:

WOW, that would be great!!! I'd be way ahead in the game as I have three of those already out in the shed.:)

Joe

I'm with you, if I had to choose between a Wing or the Electra Glide, the Harley would be my choice. The Electra Glide has most of the market, not the Wing. Go after the leader. I have a 2007 Venture, my 3rd Venture. I also had a 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT that I bought instead of the Stratoliner I tried out. I would have bought the Stratoliner, it was a better bike, but the styling, windshield, small bags, etc. kept me from buying it. A Venture/Stratoliner could be a winner.

Guest Saddletramp

:RED:I test rode a Strat at the Americade last year and the response and torque were impressive. Very smooth motor. But I had understood, just rumors mind you, that the V-Max and Venture would be sharing the new V-4. Sept.08 will let us know for sure. I hope they don't try to compete with the G-Wing, nice bike, but nothing I'm interested in.:7_6_3[1]:

"depends if they want to continue with the Harley look or go back to compete with the Wing. Be cheaper to spruce up a Stratoliner"

Yamaha apparently gave up trying to compete with the Wing when they stopped making the 1st Gen, and it seems they have little to no chance of ever getting back into that game. I don't see how they could possibly make up for the 15 years of lost time in development.

Kawasaki experienced dropping sales a few years ago (maybe to the Wing) and discontinued their Voyager line.

Kaw is re-introducing the Voyager with a 1400cc that reportedly will blow away the Wings.

Just speculating, but maybe Yamaha (Star) has decided they need to do something to "keep up with the Jones'."

Guess we will find out this Fall.

My perfect 2009 Venture. Stratoliner motor, full gauges like the Electa Glide, CD player instead of cassette, narrow white walls, same basic look as Royal Star Venture, and new cast wheels like my wifes 2005 Road Star Midnight Silverado. Oh, and still a 5 year warranty. What else?

Kawasaki experienced dropping sales a few years ago (maybe to the Wing) and discontinued their Voyager line.

Kaw is re-introducing the Voyager with a 1400cc that reportedly will blow away the Wings.

Just speculating, but maybe Yamaha (Star) has decided they need to do something to "keep up with the Jones'."

Guess we will find out this Fall.

Nevermind, I was thinking of the concours, not the voyager. my bad.