IGNORED

Finally started repairs. What do you think?

DarkLeftArm

Decided to fix it myself, and pocket the change! I think the ol' rattlecan job looks pretty ok.

The bugs wash off better than I expected, too. Next is the trunk and bags. Just a little ratty. Not the whole bike.

By the way, I love my new F4 Customs X tall X wide. The vent in front is truly perfect.

Hey, Bill!

How you been?

There's a possibility we will be riding up the Lemmon next Sunday. Supposed to be an Oktoberfest going on. I think we might meet some non-riding friends up there. Let me know if you end up going. We can meet up someplace.

Bert

Hey, Bill!

How you been?

There's a possibility we will be riding up the Lemmon next Sunday. Supposed to be an Oktoberfest going on. I think we might meet some non-riding friends up there. Let me know if you end up going. We can meet up someplace.

Bert

That sounds fun.. and I don't think I have any plans. I will let the others know too and could probably get a small group of 4-5 to go. Cool....:happy65::cool10:

Hey, Carl.

Those chrome pieces were both scratched up pretty bad in the wreck, so I figured if the paint doesn't hold up, I can always go to the dealership and order new one$$$$...

I scuffed the chrome with 220 grit sandpaper before painting. I actually liked the sanded look. It looked like brushed stainless steel, but I could still see the scratches. So I painted them with plain ol rustoleum gloss black. They still were not as glossy as I had envisioned, so I hit them with a coat of gloss clearcoat. I think they look as close to black chrome as I can get. The satin black fairing is also clearcoated with satin. That turned out better than I expected.

One of these days I'm gonna fire up my compressor, and learn how to use my sprayer with better quality paint. Until then, I guess rattlecans will have to do!

ok honestly it looks terrible :no-no-no::no-no-no: :no-no-no::whistling: now to make it look spectacular ::whistling: :whistling: you can unbolt it bring it over here and bolt it up on my bike :fingers-crossed-emo :fingers-crossed-emo :confused24: :confused24: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Darkarm that is a good looking paint job for rattle cans :cool10: :cool10: you must post if you paint the rest of the bike