IGNORED

EPA Attacks Cyclists

Uturn

I'm not happy about being forced to buy E15.

I don't believe we'll ever be forced to buy more than four gallons at a fill up.

Finally, I'm not an Obama supporter. I didn't vote for the man. However, I think the article loses a measure of credibility when it starts off by saying it's "Barack Obama's EPA". That's a lie. It is the American people's EPA. It was in place long before Obama became president, and will be there long after he leaves.

It's all hog wash. I do not believe any of that. They can't make you run a particular gas in your bike and tell you how much you have to buy. What are they going to do, put a cop at every gas station to monitor what your putting gas in and how much your buying? Ain't going to happen, no need to worry about or to discuss it further.

Redstate.com is hardly an Obama supporter. :rotf:However, the EPA (yours, mine, ours) has made a requirement that either a pump be dedicated to E15 OR that a minimum of four gallons of fuel be purchased. I don't know how they are going to enforce it (can't complete the electronic pay-at-the-pump purchase until four gallons dispensed?) but the AMA has this article regarding the mandate:

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/news/rightsnews/12-08-07/Officials_mandating_minimum_four-gallon_gas_purchase_from_certain_pumps.aspx

Folks,

Please understand that I placed this thread under review by the other moderators and not just me.

It has been stated here time and time again on a regular basis that there are to be no threads posted that are political in nature.... period..

Folks,

Please understand that I placed this thread under review by the other moderators and not just me.

It has been stated here time and time again on a regular basis that there are to be no threads posted that are political in nature.... period..

ECK, I DIDNOT post this for political reasons. Thanks for your injection of NO POLITICAL discussions. But I see someone entered another link.

MIKE aka Uturn

:Venture:

• 1 month later...

Ok, it seems that the 4gal minimum is designed to prevent E15 from getting into E10 systems inadvertently by diluting any residual E-15 in the pumping equipment. Moreover, this does not in any way prevent us from getting E-zero fuel that I for one work to find -and run in my machines. The local station can do whatever with the "blender" pump, I get my gas at stations that have the fuel I need so I'm in the clear. No worries!

all they have to do is charge a premium for regular gas and discount the e-15 and let the consumer decide what they want.

People being people, the majority will buy whatever is cheaper... but they will still have a choice of what they want to run.

What I think this is about is the fuel already in the pump and hose before you use it. If the guy before you pumps E15 the plumbing is going to be filled with E15 when you start. If you pump a small amount you're going to have a large portion of E15 mixed in. The idea behind the 4 gallon recommendation is so you get enough of whatever you're buying to make sure and dilute the E15.

Be nice if we could just leave the corn in the food and booze chain and run our vehicles on petroleum. Lots of powerful interests behind the ethanol mandate though, going to take lots of loud voices to get us off this path.

I can finally get E-free 91 octane in Carthage. This is actually closer to me than Watertown. The owner told a few of us that the price will come down if he sells enough. And the price has dropped 2 weeks in a row. And with NAPA charging over $9 a (small) bottle for K 100 :mo money:I now just buy E free fuel.

I do still run E 10 in my car. 1, it's a 98 Ford Taurus and 2, the gas doesn't sit in it long enough to cause a problem. Yet.