IGNORED

Getting rid of some items from my '99

Thank you Dave, I didn't know if I had any pics of the front of the bike. I had just got it done before left on the trip, thanks again for putting that up :happy34:

Monsta....Thats what it looked like :(

Victor,

I checked earlier today on the fitment of the light bracket on an RSTD for another member and it doesn't appear that they are interchangeable. The front bag is connected to the light bar and I dont know if there is another mounting point for you to attach them. The air cleaner covers should fit, but let me double check to be sure.

Thank you Dave, I didn't know if I had any pics of the front of the bike. I had just got it done before left on the trip, thanks again for putting that up :happy34:

Monsta....Thats what it looked like :(

Victor,

I checked earlier today on the fitment of the light bracket on an RSTD for another member and it doesn't appear that they are interchangeable. The front bag is connected to the light bar and I dont know if there is another mounting point for you to attach them. The air cleaner covers should fit, but let me double check to be sure.

Squid,

That was a very nice setup. I am working on something similar. I already have the tool pouch and found that on bumpy roads it hits the front fender. I need something like what you did to prevent that. Seeing taht bracket you made gives me ideas.

Squidley,

Not trying to pick it to death, but there is one more thing I sure could use :whistling:

I am in the market for that small "heat shield" that is located on the very top of the rear valve cover, right under the drivers seat. I think it is on the drivers side..

Squidley,

Not trying to pick it to death, but there is one more thing I sure could use :whistling:

I am in the market for that small "heat shield" that is located on the very top of the rear valve cover, right under the drivers seat. I think it is on the drivers side..

Eck,

I believe that I have taken that off my bike, I dont know if I still have it. But if I do come across it...it is yours :)

Squidley,

I thought that was a water deflector for what ran off the seat so it wouldn't sit on top of the valve cover. Either that or a device placed there by an evil engineer to ensure you were properly frustrated while tring to take the seat off :rotf:

Squid, How do the air cleaner covers attach?

Stan,

I had them attached with 3m dual sided tape and 2 small screws, never had an issue with them.

Squid,

I'm looking for a stock heel-toe shifter. Is it too late?

Thanks,

Bartley

Bartley,

They are part of the stock bike and will be going with it when I get the payoff for the bike. Besides the bolt wont come out so I couldn't even if we could make it happen :confused24:

I thought that was a water deflector for what ran off the seat so it wouldn't sit on top of the valve cover. Either that or a device placed there by an evil engineer to ensure you were properly frustrated while tring to take the seat off :rotf:

Actually, thats a gasoline deflector, supposed to be designed to draw gas away from the hot engine should you overfill or the tank springs a leak while it on its sidestand. That is unless 'Ol Eck has bladder control issues:whistling::backinmyday:

Actually, thats a gasoline deflector, supposed to be designed to draw gas away from the hot engine should you overfill or the tank springs a leak while it on its sidestand.

WOW.. I learned something here today..

A gasoline deflector huh...Heck, I never knew that..sounds right.

I find it funny though that mine was installed on the right side of the bike and that is where it is now, and has been, since I purchased the bike new off the showroom floor..

The left side doesnt have one...and I thought it was missing...I thought I was supposed to have one on each side because I thought they were heat deflectors to keep my "lower parts".... "cooler"... :whistling:

That is unless 'Ol Eck has bladder control issues:whistling:

At times, I think I do.......