Was putting the side panels back on after replacing some of the louvers that had come apart. I noticed how the bad louvers were warped, and figured it must be from the excessive heat they're subjected to.

As I thought about it, I don't remember ever wanting to open them, and how even when closed the heat coming through them is uncomfortable, so I decided to block them. I put a thin piece of insulation over them, with a dab of silicone at each corner to hold them in place.

If anyone wants a bit of this insulation to do this, let me know and we'll work something out.:)

Let me know if your interested. I don't need 2 sets.

I would have jumped at the a few months back, it would have been so easy. As it sits now I have plastic welded ABS to my covers so basically they are one complete panel.

I recall someone else on here looking for side covers (maybe KIC, not sure) I would definitely post them up in the classified section, you would make a fellow Venture brother real happy!

I went to bikini side panels years ago and do not plan on going back. To me, they are cooler than with the full side panels in place.

RandyA

I NEVER had a bike that actually made my legs burn while riding. My Honda CB750 has the 4 cyl exposed & I NEVER get sweaty.

It makes sense that the open panel would cool better while just that little opening would retain heat.

Gonna have to try a ride with the side covers off to see~

I NEVER had a bike that actually made my legs burn while riding. My Honda CB750 has the 4 cyl exposed & I NEVER get sweaty.

It makes sense that the open panel would cool better while just that little opening would retain heat.

Gonna have to try a ride with the side covers off to see~

I really like the way Dingy's and Venterous' bikes show off the lovely V-4.

I rode about 200 miles on Sunday with the side covers and lowers removed (been working on a carb leak). At a paltry 85 degrees the heat was mildly uncomfortable. It could be very uncomfortable on a more typical Oklahoma 100 degree day. I will need to try riding without the sides on a hot day . . .

:cool10:

I really like the way Dingy's and Venterous' bikes show off the lovely V-4.

I rode about 200 miles on Sunday with the side covers and lowers removed (been working on a carb leak). At a paltry 85 degrees the heat was mildly uncomfortable. It could be very uncomfortable on a more typical Oklahoma 100 degree day. I will need to try riding without the sides on a hot day . . .

:cool10:

Hmmm,

maybe I'll keep them on. With my plastic welded panels I feel absolutely no heat. Behind my panels I have attached an under hood heat shield with high temp spray adhesive.

When I first got the bike with the open panels...

:225:

has anyone tried gorrilla glue? im thinking of cutting a sheet of some oven liner plastic to cover the hole on my side cover and its a 83 there is no screw mounts behind it. so just thinking i could glue the sheet along the ridge of hole. the baking sheet is black to match bike and thin and flexibale so glueing is onlyoption

:fingers-crossed-emo