IGNORED

Hey Squeeze...a question for you

Freebird

First of all, I absolutely do NOT think that there will be a new generation Venture for 2013. All the talk about it got me to wondering about something though.

In the unlikely event that there IS a new Venture at some point and Yamaha is actually smart enough to build it around the new VMAX engine, what can we expect in regards to the engine/gear/clutch basket noise.

Did Yamaha improve that with the new engine?

OK...I addressed this to Squeeze because I know that he has the new generation VMAX but there may be some others that own or have ridden one also. So...I guess you can answer too. :)

Hey BOSS, How about asking for specs for a 3rd Gen Venture. With no BS, just a great bike well thought out concept. Once completed, send it to Yamaha and let them know this would be the bike for them to build get back into the market.

What do you think?

MIKE aka Uturn

:Venture:

Well we have actually done that before. I don't think that we actually emailed it to Yamaha but we've had the threads. A couple of problems.

1. We don't agree. :) You have two different opinions here. Those that love the style of the first gen want to see Yamaha go back to an updated version of something like that. Body over foot position, modern aerodynamic styling, etc. Those of us who love the cruiser styling of the second gen would like to see it simply updated with perhaps a version of the VMAX engine, ABS, better sound system, quieter drive train. We are talking about two entirely different bikes between the first gen lovers and the second gen lovers.

2. Yamaha doesn't respond to us. They claim that they don't even look at this forum though we know for a fact that isn't true. So, even without emailing it to them, they DO see our opinions here but we simply will never get a response from them.

I will back off that just a little bit. Yamaha Canada has been very good to us in the past. They seem to recognize that we are the most ardent supporters of the Yamaha touring bikes and actually attended and brought door prizes to our international rally when we held it in Canada. Yamaha USA tries to pretend that we don't exist. They know we do though. :)

The owner of the dealer I deal with told me yesterday that the 2013 will be unchanged but the 2014 will be a totally redone bike.

He probably thinks you were talking about one of the v-twin models. Most don't even know what a Venture is.

Well, I can only repeat what I've been told. I also have a couple of friends who are dealers and they tell me that Yamaha tells them absolutely NOTHING. They find out what new bikes are coming out at the annual dealers meeting IF there is an annual meeting. I'm told that there is not even going to be an annual meeting this year and they will likely just be notified by a letter. They say that Yamaha is very secretive about such things and don't want any leaks and therefore, even the dealers are kept completely in the dark. One of these is a good sized dealership. Very nice place. He has NO information about a new Venture or the future of the Venture.

Well, Guys, honestly, forget about the Dealers anywhere in the World know Feacts about a new Generation of a Model. Those that are interested in Yamaha Bikes for a longer Time know this already, all others, just believe it. Over here, and, as i know from the US Forums i attend also, usually informed Riders tell them Dealer what to expect and sometimes even, when it will come to their Sales Floor.

Now, about the Don's original Question ...

The '09 and up VMAX is generally a noisy Engine. On Idle, there a Lot going on inside the Motor on low RpM, be it the Startup Decompression Mechanism on the Cams, one Set of Cams is chain-driven as we're all used to, but the second Set is driven by Gears, third, the Slipper Clutch has some moving on all the Guts on Idle. That said, all the Noise subsides when you're taking off. The Tranny is quite on the Road, and on the naked Bike you'll hear a Lot other Noises before you'll some "Whine" or "unwanted Noise" from the Engine.

There's a "huge" (at least for standard Bike and MY Taste) Touring Windshield available from Yamaha. I never heard a Rider complain about unwanted Noise even with that Shield. Some Riders expirienced buffeting, but that's something you'll allways have. People and their Gear are different, you can't please everyone.

Don's absolutely right about the Style Dilema. But honestly, i for one don't car much. I don't like most of the Styling Elements of the 2Gen VMAX, i bought it anyway. That's because the Ride is absolutly awesome(in the whole true Meaning of the Word, and since i had my ECU reflashed, it's scary sometimes) and if i can't stand the "Look" anymore, i can change it. Completely, if necessary. Full Stop.

The only Thing left to be said goes out to Yamaha:

I ride a '09 VMAX from the beginning, more than 20 ooo km as of today within my limited Time. Some other VMAX Riders reported fifty thousand Miles and more and with no serious Problems. As we know, VMAX Riders do a Lot of abuse to their Rides, if they don't break it, it can be called bullet-proof with every Reason.

The upgraded FJR1400 which is on the Horizon will be a good and sporty Ride and with the Cross Plane Crank as near as inline 4 can be at a V4, but it sure won't cut it for us (hardcore) V4 Guys. Period.

Bring the already developed VMAX, Bike and Engine over to a 3rd Gen Venture and sell them !! !! I'd haggle out a Price with my Dealer and buy one, so would a Lot of others !! The Sales of the V4 Touring Bike as we know it today will go down more and more, to the Point where it won't sell at all, like Suzuki B-Kings, even if you give it away under Cost Price. Please, bring the Upgrade and open up the Way to the next Level, don't hand over the whole Market Segment to Honda and BMW !!

(One last Thing to add, and i'm sure a Lot others won't see the Need in their big Tourer but make them Power Parts 100% compatible with the VMAX. I love my 190 Horses on the rear Wheel and i wouldn't like to give away one single Pony, big Tourer or not.)

I am thinking according to the adds in some cycle mags that the Stratoliner Deluxe may become the new Yamaha touring platform. The reason I think this is that if you buy the 2013 model you get a FREE Garmin zumo 665 GPS. The only thing missing is a trunk but they do have a rack which other bikes have and are called touring bikes.

It is my understanding that Bob Star made comments at Star Days that they normally take 4 years to phase in a new bike but have expidited that process and will have a totally new venture out ion 2014. It will not be based on any bike that is currently in the line up. But until we see it and can feel it and touch it, it does not exist!!! As for Rick Heywoods comments I know the gentleman as well and he is not the kind just to pick things out of the air.

now the big question How do they build a new venture that is competetive in price with what is already on the market? Did mama yama wait to long? How awesome though because when they do come out with a new one it will drive the 2nd gen prices down and you should be able to get a nice second gen fror $4500.