IGNORED

Motorcycle Pants

Freebird

I have the Air Mesh Kevlar Pants. Last summer, while visiting my kids in SoCal, I stopped by their facility, got measured & received them a couple of weeks later. I also have their Air Mesh Jacket (high viz/black). It has 2 liners: 1 is a waterproof & windproof liner & the other is a thermal liner. Haven't had to use the thermal liner, yet. Yes, they ARE expensive, but they protect better than leather @ 1/2 the weight & they breath. I love them. Remember, part of that price is due to the custom sizing. Everything fits perfectly because it was made to fit ME.

Very nice looking stuff and pricey. Guess it just depends on what you think your body is worth.

Unfortunately I am like you Don I'm not to smart about what I wear. I know what I should wear but I mostly chose jeans and real stupid things like nylon jackets that would take a Doctor weeks to pick out of your burnt skin if you went down.

Of course there are jeans made of Kevlar and they are somewhat reasonable in price.

I have even laid some skin down on the highway a couple of times and still not smart enough to wear protective clothing. That must have something to do with teaching old dogs .....ect..

Jerry

my cousin and his wife both wear them. they are on the road quite a bit and he didnt like when he was not wearing chaps. so they invested in the two pairs and they both highly recommend them. he rides a lot, almost 45,000 kms last year.

At that price, I'll stick with my Fieldsheer Booster pants. Just bought Brenda a pair today @ $127 including tax. I've worn mine at 19 degrees F and as warm as the 70s - just remove the liner. They are very versatile and the price is right. BTW I also have the Fieldsheer 3/4 length jacket and love it too.

Lynn

Guest KitCarson

Well these are neat looking........but high because they are made for Law Enforcement.......tests run on materials.....MSF foundation.......regular denim jeans in a slide wear through in 4 feet, Kevlar lasts 18 feet, regular old leather lasts for 86 feet......they keep trying......but nothing beats a good set of leathers........motorcycles and the times are changing......more and more people buy them........if I had the marketing skills.......time for leather gear in other than traditional styles......and colors........

This are also recommend Jeans ...

http://www.dragginjeans.net/

Friend of mine has them now for two Years, not 100 Percent like riding with a standard Jeans, but sure a Lot safer. Highly recommended from the Safety Point of View and comfortable enough to wear them all Day.

I have these too & think I will get myself a second pair, this winter.........

I have talked to them on a Fair in November, they now have a 'waterproof' Jeans. They name it Oilskin. I think, it wouldn't be like plastic Clothes with Inliner, but when riding on a warmer Day and getting a good Shower, it will help staying dry.

I liked the Feeling of th Fabrics very much. The Women i talked to, she was Senior Sales Rep, said this Fabric basically is used for Coats made to stand the Challenges of the australian Outback. I like Leather on the Jacket, but i do not like it as Throusers. I'm going to purchase a Pair of Oilskin Thousers and a Pair of black Jeans.

I don't ride unless I'm all decked out with leathers......extreme heat is not an issue in my part of the world (icebergs in the background of my pictures) so its not too bad. I wear chaps all the time but have been thinking of picking up a pair of leather pants this year.

Anybody using leather pants....pros - cons !!!

Thanks

Keith

This is a good report. I'm not too smart when it comes to wearing the proper gear and like my denim jeans. Also, these are EXPENSIVE. For those who like the best though, they sure sound good.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/motoport/police-kevlar-pants/

I'm like you Don, like them jeans. One of these days I'm going to pop for a pair of these. Those police/kevlars look too 'sporty' for my taste.... :)