IGNORED

I wrecked, now I need parts

MJ44

I've decided to fix the Broom, so I'm looking for stock parts for a 99 RSV that you may have in your garage. I need handlebars, windshield right front fork, .........and other assorted goodies.

Last Sunday, for some unknown reason, I grabbed the front brake going into a left turn. Locked it up, skidded accross the road and landed upside down. Go figure, the weekend before I drove 500 miles to Gettysburg and back without incident, this happened 25 miles from home.

Just had routine maintenance done by Earl, aka SkyDoc, and he did a great job! There wasn't one leak or drip when it was upside down or even after being righted!

Hope it will be on the road in time for Oberlin, so I can get those pretty pinstripes back.

http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m583/MaryJo44/Broom%20crash/?albumview=slideshow&track=share_email_album_view_click

lucked out - 8 stitches in right knee, 4 stitches in side my lip, slightly broken nose that won't need set, sore shoulder

I was driving, the only thing in the sidecar was a bag of groceries :) Boyfriend was behind me and said all he saw was a ball of dust.

I'll send notes to those of you that have listed parts.

THANKS!!!!

Edited by MJ44

Mj glad your ok I will keep my eyes open for parts for you as I am looking for carb from a 99 venture to go on my 99 rstd I may have a chance to buy a 99 venture parts bike for 100.00 with a smashed rear end if it a go ill take pics you say what you need ill send and all you pay is ship I should know something by end of next week

holy crap i hope it was only the bike to suffer the bad damage and only minor for the rider and passenger :fingers-crossed-emo

A drunk driver in a 4x4 pick up ran over the bike in th restaurant parking lot owners were in the restaurant eating at the time from what my insurance agent told me the rear end is twisted and mangeld so bad the only way you know it was a bike was to look at the front end