First of all I have Googled for a picture of a stock TCI. What I have seen doesn't match what I found on one of my 84 parts bikes.

Is this a TCI for an 84 ?

Does it work on any other years ?

It has the Yamaha numbers 41V-85830-00 on it.

When I Googled it it shows up as an "Obsolete control unit assembly"

Just wondering.:confused24:

Edited by KIC

No, that does not appear to be a tci to me,

no power transistors,

I have strd 83, so not sure what that really is, maybe cruise module or someing I don't have.

If you want to dig the TCI out of your parts bike, it is mounted upside down on the plate the coils are on, behind the battery.

i dont know :confused24: im tryin to learn everything there is to know about my new 1st gen 84 venture im getting next week waaahooo and yamerdan you still have not told me what size tow rope i need to carryto pull my 2nd gen:whistling: around with :rotf::rotf:

i dont know :confused24: im tryin to learn everything there is to know about my new 1st gen 84 venture im getting next week waaahooo and yamerdan you still have not told me what size tow rope i need to carryto pull my 2nd gen:whistling: around with :rotf::rotf:

Wow another bi-generational joins the exciting world of the 1st Gens..:happy65:

To pull that much Dead weight??? Might need several hooks on it depending on how many 2nd Gens you are riding with....:whistling:

that is what yamaha calls the control unit.....it handles the cruise control is what yamaha told me..........beings as when I had tci problems it took them for ever to get this straight . i was trying to order a new tci and this came when I orderd it. Yamaha mechanic was the one that told me it was called the control unit .He also told me wht it handled but I forget it all but what sticks out is the cruise control.

david