IGNORED

Time to go west again.

Midrsv

I and 3 of my riding buddies are heading west again tomorrow. We're headed to Glacier National Park via Cody Wy and Chief Josepht Highway, Beartooth Pass and Red Lodge. Here is a link to our approximate route: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=209345560562245148088.0004c40c214cc5ab7ecae&msa=0

We'll be making the big loop in a counter clockwise direction. So if you see 3 Goldwings and a Tour Deluxe going down the road give us a shout or a wave.

Dennis

I and 3 of my riding buddies are heading west again tomorrow. We're headed to Glacier National Park via Cody Wy and Chief Josepht Highway, Beartooth Pass and Red Lodge. Here is a link to our approximate route: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=209345560562245148088.0004c40c214cc5ab7ecae&msa=0

We'll be making the big loop in a counter clockwise direction. So if you see 3 Goldwings and a Tour Deluxe going down the road give us a shout or a wave.

Dennis

Wish I was going you all ride safe and return with a great story line and pictures. :080402gudl_prv:

Joe

Stop in for a home brew and something to eat just a bit south of Salmon, Idaho.

Looks like you plan to head toward Idaho Falls after leaving Salmon on highway 26 which is a nice ride. We are located on 93 along the river which is also a nice ride going toward Challis, Mackey, Arco and then to Idaho Falls...about the same mileage and time. Either way is a great ride. If your up to it give a shout when you hit Salmon and we will watch for you, no cell service after leaving town. 208-894-2440, Teri n erv

Either way have a great ride and have fun.

Stop in for a home brew and something to eat just a bit south of Salmon, Idaho.

If they don't stop in for a brew, and the company, it will definately be their loss.

Hey, here's a thought. If they don't stop in, you could just send me the brew..... :rotfl: Sure did enjoy it (and the Sneeky Pete) at Cody....

:15_8_211[1]:

During our VentureWest last year, one of our favorite places to visit and stay overnight was Dancing Bears Inn in East Glacier Park which was a great location for doing the Road to the Sun. Ask the Dancing Bears people if the cabin that they also own and rent out is available. It's one of the nicest cabin I have ever stayed in and it will handle all of you.

We made it to Tomah WI tonight, 682 miles and it was flippin hot. 99 degrees all afternoon and humid. I thought it was supposed to be cool up north. Here is our SPOT track http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=4e6e4ff8a01b0feb1

We've already got reservations in East Glacier. The Mountain Pine lodge or something like that. And in Salmon we'll be at the Stagecoach Inn. Teri I'll try to give you a call when I get to Salmon.

Dennis

Tomorrow will be a great ride day! Beartooth Pass is one of the most incredible rides you can take. The scenery is fantastic, the temps are cool and refreshing and you'll wish you can do it all over again.

Enjoy!! Oh, careful not to smile to much....you'll be cleaning the bugs out all night.

Tomorrow will be a great ride day! Beartooth Pass is one of the most incredible rides you can take. The scenery is fantastic, the temps are cool and refreshing and you'll wish you can do it all over again.

Enjoy!! Oh, careful not to smile to much....you'll be cleaning the bugs out all night.

I know. We rode over Beartooth in '07 and I'm looking forward to it again. We'll hit and Chief Joseph tomorrow. I've not been on Chief Joseph yet and I'm looking forward that also.

Dennis

We made it to Cody today after stopping in Billings to pick up my wife. It was a long day made longer by the extreme heat. 98 to100 degrees. I think we were all beginning to suffer some dehydration about 20 miles from Cody. We stopped and each got rehydrated. We had a great meal in Cody at the Wyoming Rib and Chop house. I highly recommend the fillet. The real fun starts tomorrow with a ride over Chief Joseph Highway and Beartooth Pass.

SPOT data: http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=4e6e4ff8a01b0feb1

and a few photos are at: www.traynorphoto.com/glacier_7_18

If you stop in Cody and you like Mexican food and margaritas eat at La Comida. Best margaritas I've ever had. They have limit of two per person which we thought was pretty funny until we started on the second one, then we were glad the hotel was within walking distance!

Wow, TOTALLY JEALOUS!!!!

I'd really rather be up there riding with you today, but I remember the last 50 miles into Cody from the east,,,,, was just like riding thru the desert!!!!!

Beartooth and Chief Joseph made up for it tho.......

We better have another rally in a couple of years out there again!!!!!