IGNORED

New Apple Notebook.

stardbog

That's a sleek looking piece of equipment. This Compaq I'm typing on has been all over the country, been dropped a couple times, rides around in the trunk of the RSV. Has some doors missing and has some scrapes and scratches but it still works fine. Battery even still works and I've about got use to the new 6.2 DOS operating system.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Jerry'

That new Mac notebook's case is made out of aluminum, so it should be at least as sturdy as the plastic ones. Also, I noticed that you can order it with a solid state hard drive so there would be no moving part to break. I would like to have one for sure. I use and iMac for most of my computing (Mac and Windows) and love it.

The are slick and cool.

However, I really want the larger Mac Book Pro. My wife would like the Mac Book Air. Just in case anyone is offering to give some away.

Did you check out the new Mac Pro? Dual Quad Core CPU's. One of the servers I use at work has dual quad cores. That machine is a screamer!

Me being the dummie I am, I have 2 questions. 1 How much frustration for a pc user is the switch. 2. Will my printer/other wxternal stuff work with a Mac. My granddaughter got a Mac notebook for Christmas and loves it. I'm leaning that way. Are there any deals out in cyberland for Macs?

I wouldn't know how difficult a switch would be. I've never used anything but a Mac. My wife chose that for graphics arts work, because PC stuff doesn't do the same job and isn't compatible with Mac software and costs more when taken to a professional printer because they have to completely redo the job on Mac equipment because PCs aren't compatible. PC people will deny that, but that's the way it is. Macs are compatible with PCs, but not vice versa. Yet somehow the idea is that PCs are compatible with everything. All the printers, scanners, extra drives, or whatever else have always worked fine with Mac stuff. Usually they don't even require installing their own drivers to operate them. I've never had to install the software that comes with stuff to use it. I wouldn't go to a PC for anything.

I only recently switched to the Mac from PC (22 years of pcs to be exact). The move was really straight forward for me. Apple has tons of docs available at their sight to assist "switchers." I also run VMware Fusion on the Mac, so i can run a windows PC right inside the Mac. The Mac is a really well engineered machine...something even a "layman" can readily experience. It is pretty much just like the comercials say.

I just heard yesterday that the battery in it is sealed in and YOU cannot remove it. It has to be sent back to apple for them to replace it. Mind you this is just hear say but that wouldn't surprise me at all :no-no-no:

Same Story as iPod. You have to return to mac to change a battery, and after few weeks replacement tools and batteries are all over web. They are made again big break through in computing buisines. Remote drive - remote disc- solid state drive - 802.11n...etc.

To switch to MAC is way easeier than deal with PC. Average user will find simplicity to start and all software is working. Only one thing new switchers should take care when they are buying new Mac's are RAM Memory. More is Better. Mac is running OS out of Ram Memory, so thats only pice of hardware should be upgraded. ( Once in Lifetime ). Here is Link for very affordable RAM Memory http://www.memory-up.com/default.aspx#