I have been using a Bi-xenon for the last seven years. Same complete unit. I don't remember the make but it was a pair for a car. Figured that way I would have a spare. On mine the bulb actually moves not the shield. I would not go back to an incandescent if you paid me. I have recently seen some projector lens retrofit. Looking at doing that in the near future..

Mine came off e-bay. Less than $50 for kit for bike. Slim ballest easy to hid parts. At recomendation of others here I also installed an on off switch for the light so as not to make it fire additional times while starting bike.

Mine came off e-bay. Less than $50 for kit for bike. Slim ballest easy to hid parts. At recomendation of others here I also installed an on off switch for the light so as not to make it fire additional times while starting bike.

I know people warn about that, but on my car, the HID lights come on with the ignition switch and go off when starting and then back on. Been doing that for 6 years.

But on your car if one light goes out you can still see the road.

Why abuse things unnecessarily.

The biggest issue with HID on a 2nd gen is that as the battery starts to age, the voltage while cranking can cause the HID to go into "low voltage protection" mode. This meas it will turn off to protect its self. The only was to reset it is then to turn off the engine and restart and hope that this time the voltage does not drop as much. This puts a lot of extra wear on the starter, battery, solenoid, and all moving parts waiting for oil pressure to come up again.

The switch is SOOoooo easy to add while installing.

+1 on easy to build the switch. If I managed to figure it out (all be it took probably 3 or 4 posts) I think most with a little mechanical skill can. An ounce of prevention...... and all that.