IGNORED

Hewitt's icecream Tues July 10 - 8pm

XV1100SE

Nancy's father is in Hagersville hospital waiting for a triple bypass. His operation is in Hamilton on Friday.

We are going to visit him in Hagersville Tuesday evening. Anyone free to meet at Hewitt's Dairy just outside of Hagersville at 8pm ?

PLANS?!?

Sorry Don,

I pulled the front cowling off to check the air boxes and needs filters. Won't be done until tonight. Would love to get there. AND the kid comes home tomorrow, so need to clear her room back out again for her to stay for 3 weeks.

Thought are with Nancy and you for the family and surgery.

Steve

The operation is being done at the General. Will get more details on when and how long it is expected to take.

Nancy isn't working and I'm taking the day off work to provide support to Nancy and her mother (just in case of complications). Nancy's father had a heart attack years ago and has been complaining of shortness of breath and tiring from short walks. He is in his early 70's so hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Appreciate your prayers and best wishes ! Thank you.

May be able to make it! Up in the air right now.

Carl-what time would you be leaving? Are you riding to Wayne's then there? Or are you going to Dover then there?

Hope to leave about 6:30 and take the long way. No! Dover is maybe on Friday and that will be enough. It's country for this boy tonight,,, I think?

Want to thank :

Carl and Marca (Marcarl)

Wayne and Robin (Wizard765)

Phil (Sleepy2 - didn't bring either "phantom wife"

After visiting Nancy's Father (Ed Bothen) in Hagersville Hospital we met up at Hewitt's Dairy for ice cream and then back to Carl and Marca's for coffee and chit-chat. Appreciate the get together and support from VentureRider members !

Nancy's Father will be moved from Hagersville to the Hamilton General once they get a bed - either today or Thursday. Operation on Friday... couple days recovery at the General before he will be moved back to Hagersville Hospital. Nancy and I will be with her Mother (Joyce) at the General during the operation for support if she needs it.

Again hope everything turns out well with Nancy`s dad!!!!!!

SORRY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!To Carl for not hearing you.(must be getting old) most likely thought I would catch up to you so didn`t check when I left gas station.

Ice-cream was great!

Company was also great.

Had good conversation and coffee afterwards at Carl`s.

After turning onto highway 2 got almost to Princeton and saw pair of eyes on shoulder of road and then they turned into ditch about 3bike lengths from me.Turned out to be a Doe about to cross road .Also saw a few raccoons.

...After turning onto highway 2 ....

You didn't see what I did just before you turned left and I turned right...

I was in the left track with the construction cones down the middle of the lane, pavement grooved. I was in a normal left half of lane position for riding two up since the tires were handling the grooves without issue. All of a sudden the grooves swung me left and CLUNK !! Left highway peg clipped a cone (and these are the cones about 3' high!).

We had ridden a couple miles/km on the grooves and the tires (E3's) were tracking without issue... until almost to the end of the construction zone.

After I made the right turn I pulled over and the highway peg had swung back and in. It had pivoted on the engine guard so all I did was pull it back to where it was. No damage, nothing broken.

NOTE to Self... construction with grooved pavement... leave more space between me and the cones or ride single file.

NOTE to Self... construction with grooved pavement... leave more space between me and the cones or ride single file.

Thanks for the note, not only to self but also to the rest of us, good thing to be aware of.

Great time last night, thanks for spending the time with us..... Wizard, Sleepy, XV1100se

Nancy's Dad is still waiting for a bed to "open up" at the General but one way or another he will be there today, operation time tomorrow still to be determined.

There will be 5 days of recovery but not sure if it will be in Hamilton or Hagersville. Will post when I know.

Nancy's Father had his bypass this morning. Surgeon said it went well but theere is some tishue damage that he was concerned about. He needs to watch his diet, loose some weight, and get his blood pressure and diabetes ubder better control.

He'll be at the Geeneral for 5 days.

Thanks to all for the well wishes!