IGNORED

new project.

PBJ

Well the new Lady (Terri) has been riding with me for over a year and has expressed an interest to looking into riding her own bike. I was looking for a small bike because the Little Lady really is little. 5ft. exactly. We looked at Rebel's and 250 virago's when my sister told me she didn't want her rebel anymore because it was just too small for her. ( she's 6ft.)

So we settled on a price and I brought her home. The poor little thing has been sitting under a tarp for years lonely and very neglected. Rust was everywhere and Its taking a can of Neverdull and wet sanding the cases to get it semi shiny again.

so here's a before picture. After i get her cleaned up I'll post an after shot.

PS. The name on the side says, "Hardley"

Thats so great that youre fixing it up for her to ride with you. The bike looks like it needs mostly polishing and shining and tweaking and it should be ready to go.......(but I know it hardly ever goes like that...lol)

Brian

PB&J, the Honda 250 Rebel is a good starting bike, and a great bike to learn on. The problem is that many riders soon outgrow that bike, and are looking for somethinbg a little bigger, so that they can ride alongside their riding partner (you).

Take a look at my wife's bike here:

[ATTACH]69383[/ATTACH]

That is a 2002 Honda Magan 750, that is all fixed up like a loaded RSTD. It is a V4 engine, just like the idea of a RSTD or Venture, and can cruise at highway speeds all day. My wife is only 5' tall too, so I make every effort to have the bike fit her to be ergonomicly perfect. It has heated clothing controls, heated handgrips, J&M CB2003 unit, I-pod connections, hard bags, etc, etc, etc.

My wife started out on a Honda 250...a 1983 CM250-T, and graduated up in short time to many other bikes, including 1100cc V-twins, but in the long run the Honda Magna 750 V4 was the correct bike for her.

Honda doesn't make this bike anymore, as they have done with many models over the years, but to find a low mileage 2001 or 2002 bike, is an easy find. the 2003 was the last year made.

Something to think about.

Have always loved that Magna 750, just didn't know it was setup for low seat height....good to know. My girlfriend is 5 ft also and she rides a stock height, '01 Shadow 750. Really has some get up and go and she can touch .... but only with her boots on. Handles it pretty well though, except for some tricky, low speed stuff.

Have always loved that Magna 750, just didn't know it was setup for low seat height....good to know. My girlfriend is 5 ft also and she rides a stock height, '01 Shadow 750. Really has some get up and go and she can touch .... but only with her boots on. Handles it pretty well though, except for some tricky, low speed stuff.

:worthless:

:whistling: :confused24: :duck: :stickpoke:

Thanks Miles, In fact the 750 Magna is exactly the bike I'd like to see Terri move onto,You see I have an original 84 V65 Sabre that I still ride and Love. I love the Honda V4's and I also feel the Magna750 is a powerful and great all around bike for a woman of her height. I especially like that its also a water cooled engine and I'll take a v4 over a twin every time.

So thanks for the post, obviously great minds think a like. Here's some pictures of how the rebel has come so far. I also spent a few hours taking scratches out of the windshield. It cleaned up pretty good so far. Get the new battery today and hopefully start her up.

Trader, that is not a mailbox under the seat, on the right side of the bike. That is one of those new dollar bill feeding machines, that you have to insert a one dollar bill into, to get the bike to start and run. They are sorta like the new breathalyzer machines for drunk drivers, only these are for folks that are just starting to ride...to make certain that they have enough gas money to make it back home on their first ride. You insert the dollar bill, the engine starts, and off you go. It will not give you change back if you take a ride shorter than a dollars worth. It also accepts $ 5.00's and $ 10.00's.

PB&J, you have done a great job of cleaning up that Rebel. It looks good.

If and when you are ready to go to the Magna 750, let me know, as I can get you info on things like the Scottoiler, for lubing the chain. We have the touring model, that mounts the oil tank for the oiler behind the license plate, and she can now go coast to coast without ever lubing or adjusting her chain. She now gets in excess of 40,000 miles out of a set of sprockets and chain.

Miles