IGNORED

2 more riders in the family

bj66

My boys (ages 20 and 17) just took the Motorcycle Safety Course this weekend. So now that they passed, it will be time to look for bikes. My oldest wants my RSTD thats been sitting in the garage. I think he would be able to handle it, hes a big kid (6' 3" and 190 pounds) and really level headed. But still it would make me nervous.

My other son isnt as big, only about 5' 9" and 130 pounds. So I am going to have to find something to fit him. Maybe in the 500 to 650 range. Let the fun begin in the hunt for the right bike!

I'm really looking forward to some rides with my boys!!!!

congrats my oldest boy 20yrs old is lookingto join the jar head ass. semper fi its what he wants so im behind him 120% he will ride when hes done with bootcamp and a school my 15 yr old thank god he is to young again congrats on them passing :cool10::cool10:

I think letting him have the rstd would be great but I would find something a little less valuable for him to ride first. once he has some real life road experience and proves he looks well after that bike reward him with RSTD.

Guest tx2sturgis

Wait...huh?

What happened to the little kiddos I saw on the webcampic?

Dang...time sure went fast!

Hey are they riding to Sturgis with you this year?

:happy34:

Bernie,

I wouldn't look any smaller than a 750cc for the youngest, he will out grow a 650 VERY fast and there's no use having to look for another bike so soon. The Suzuki Volusia is an 800cc bike that is very nice, the 750 Shadows are nice bikes too and very light and maneuverable. A cruiser sounds like it would be a good choice due to his size, as it would be lower to the ground. Enjoy having your boys with you on the rides, I am patiently awaiting the day I get to ride with my Dad :thumbsup2:

Wait...huh?

What happened to the little kiddos I saw on the webcampic?

Dang...time sure went fast!

Hey are they riding to Sturgis with you this year?

:happy34:

I hope not. I would like a little more seat time before I turn them loose in that mess!