IGNORED

Cell Phone Signal Booster?

Squidley

I figured that I would come here and ask you folks a question as we have a lot of different knowledgeable people here. Lonna and I have cell phones through Walmart Family Mobile. They use towers from Tmobile for their service, but Tmobile doesn't let them use all their towers, only certain ones.

At the new house here we have terrible reception, so bad to the point that we dont call out unless we absolutely have to. This is a huge pita as I know there are times I just want to grab the phone and chat with folks, some of them even from here :/

The thing that I like about the Walmart plan is, well, there isn't a plan, or a contract such as it is. I absolutely hate having to sign up for anything now these days and have a 2 year minimum requirement

So my question to you folks is this, do they make some sort of antenna that will help me get better reception here at the house. AT&T has great reception here, but "Their" plan is another 2 year deal, and will cost me more money. What say you brethren, am I looking for a unicorn?

My girlfriend used to live very remote up in Northern Minnesota, and she had an antenna called a "yagi"?? . She said it worked very well but it was getting hard to find phones with the required jack to attach the wire. Google yagi. supposed to work great.

Bert

Not sure if this will be a help or not....Hannah and I use Consumer Cellular. It is a "no contract" and I believe they use the A.T.&T. network/towers. We have had excellent service from them for several years. And they have boosted minutes two or three times at no extra charge. We also get an AARP discount, small but everything helps.

http://www.consumercellular.com/

Most if not all Cell Phone providers can be no contract. I have Sprint service and never had a contract with them. If you buy your own phone and don't take one of their overpriced "Free" phones they will provide a month to month service to you.

Admittedly they probably are more money monthly then the Walmart phones or Consumer Cellular service but they work most places.

Oh the joy of living off the beaten track,

BOO

WILSON whole house cell phone amplifer system is probably what you are looking for.

I have a mobile version in the truck and allows the phone to continue to work where it used to drop in a 50 mile dead no tower zone.

Works with any cellphones, just amplifies radio signals, so if you swap companies sometime will still have benefit.

http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/ProductDetails.aspx?Product=38&title=DB+Pro+(801262)&Category=10

Look at the optional package option including everything needed. They are a bit pricey.

Once you decide on item number look for better prices on ebay.....

WILSON whole house cell phone amplifer system is probably what you are looking for.

I have a mobile version in the truck and allows the phone to continue to work where it used to drop in a 50 mile dead no tower zone.

Works with any cellphones, just amplifies radio signals, so if you swap companies sometime will still have benefit.

http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/ProductDetails.aspx?Product=38&title=DB+Pro+(801262)&Category=10

Look at the optional package option including everything needed. They are a bit pricey.

Once you decide on item number look for better prices on ebay.....

:sign yeah that:

We also live in a poor coverage area. We took a Wilson mobile booster and a 12VDC power supply into the house and it works well. You can spend the $$$:mo money: and get a better outdoor antenna and then spend even more:mo money: for an indoor antenna that will allow you to walk around the house with your cell phone instead of having it close to the booster. This essentially gives you a small area cell site in your home.

I have used Wilson and Smooth-Talker cell phone boosters for years. They are very reliable, and can support multiple phones and data simultaneously. They are a bidirectional amplifiers and provide up to 3 watts of output power.:080402gudl_prv:

My provider is verizon and actually there is no coverage at my house. However I bought a network extender that connects to my cable modem. It essentially provides my house(and my neighbors Maybe) a very local cell tower I get 5 bars now anywhere arround my house I make calls and send recieve texts etc. everything I would normally do while actually in a cell range. The big draw back is when your cable acts up You can't call for assistance as your cell phone will not be working either

Al