IGNORED

missing Goose

playboy

I enjoy the "banter"...but I agree it should NEVER go beyond good natured ribbing.

I mean who of us is right 100% of the time? (Put your hand down Carl!)

We all make misteaks (catch that ?) ....some of us more so than others...and we all have our opinions...even if yours are wrong!:stickpoke:

I have been lambasted a couple of times for comments I have made.

But I EXPECT that other's comments are made with the best intentions , and hopefully, people will read my comments with the expectation that I also mean no hurt, no harm, no foul.

I guess what I'm saying is we should always try to live by the "golden rule".

I know this is a big family and we all LOVE to ride, but those new to the site must realize that they are "back at school" to learn a new-to-them bike and they need to do a lot of studying to get up to the level of a bunch of us. THAT's why we mention the search function... I've dealt with the 1st gens for a number of years and know them pretty good (other than what is getting brought back to mind from my accident last year!) and now I need to learn the 2nd gens without bugging too much. After you attend the M&Es and rallies, you get to know the folks on here real well and THEN you can join in on the "ribbing" that we love to do sometimes!! :080402gudl_prv:

I been thinking!! Yeah I know. I don't think there is anyone here that wants goose to go away. He has a lot of knowledge about these things and can help a lot of folks. You don't have to read his posts although I will admit I've read a couple. You also don't have to agree with them!! Social Skills?? Well....

Working on 2nd Gens...being nice to goose...Am I getting Old??? Nah IT WAS'T ME!:think:

It would be soooo nice if you guys could all use some more pictures,,,, it takes me a way tooo long to read all those words,,, and yes my hand is still up,,,,, don't know what for, but it's been up there soo long I'm just thinking of leaving it there.

Welcome back Goose,,, kind of missed ya,, felt like we was missing an oar on the boat or a cylinder on a 2nd gen.

Hey guys, I really do appreciate the kind words and thoughts. I'm still around, and I've been checking in a bit now and then.

I'm sorry for the extended absence, but I just had to get away form the rudeness and discourtesy that seemed to be getting so prevalent on our site over the past year. I think that open discussion and debate on issues is extremely valuable, and opposing opinions are much more valuable than a mutual admiration society. But to insult and disrespect other members just because you do not agree with them is not what we are supposed to be about here. And I have seen way too much of that.

We prohibit religious and political topics simply because they always lead to that sort of discord, but, unfortunately, we seem to have slowly allowed the unpleasantness to intrude into many other threads as well, and some of us have been afraid to do anything about it because of the shouts of censorship. So I just had to step back and get away from the unpleasantness.

It did me a lot of good, but I really miss my family here. So I'm back. Hopefully I can help improve things while still providing help to those who want it. But if it turns out that I make things worse, well ..., I guess I'll just have to hang up the spurs for good. I'm a firm believer that if you cannot or will not be part of the good, then ya best do whatever it takes to not be part of the bad.

Ride safe y'all!

Goose

Glad to see you back goose, I know sometimes debates can get out of hand. Personally I don't mind a healthy debate now and again as long as it is on the up and up and kept civil. I find that most debates at least the good ones always leave you just a little bit more educated. Hopefully we will see you at MD next year or maybe this year at the international.