IGNORED

Question about Gas Mileage

Well, then it sounds like I'm doing pretty good. Yes, the tank if full and I start the tripo. When the warning light comes on I'm at about 150. Just wanted to see if that was about average. Sounds like it is. Thanks.

I've always been pretty happy with mine. I hit the reserve light usually around 160 and have had some great days hitting 226 before I topped off. That is moderate speeds 55-65 on back roads and just cruising it.

But today I ran down to Kansas and Missouri to see some friends and had the bike loaded down with tools, cooler, trunk bag and everything I could carry. I was running Interstate at 75mph, or better headed into the wind, about 13 to 20 mph and it only pulled an average of 34.5 in 635 miles.

Not unusual at those speeds and conditions but I was hoping for a little better.

But your numbers sound about average for the bikes.

Mike

on my '86, the light usually stays on right around th 160 mile mark. I often ride between 205 and 210 before fueling up during my normal work commute week and have about .3 or .4 gal. left in the tank.

Most of us should be capable of around 180 185 190 195 miles before we should REALLY start worrying. I ran out at 220 a couple weeks ago in a mixture of 65 and 55mph speed limit highways.

I just did this again between yesterday and today... sort of. Filled up yesterday with 10% ethanol junk from Mobil (I almost always run ethanol free if I can), didn't get gas today until 220.6 miles and still only took on 4.805 gallons. That comes out to 45.9mpg. However, almost every bit of that was under 65mph with quite a bit of it being under 60. Been said lots of times before- speed does make a huge difference.