IGNORED

Pics of the bike

Squidley

bill,

the only thing you can do is, say a prayer for me, as i go in for surgery on monday to put a pin in my collar bone. hope the doc can do as well as he seems to be able to do with it!

thank you all for your concern! i gotta say though....it was one of the best trips we had, all in all!

:bighug:

Get Well Soon.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bill,

the only thing you can do is, say a prayer for me, as i go in for surgery on monday to put a pin in my collar bone. hope the doc can do as well as he seems to be able to do with it!

thank you all for your concern! i gotta say though....it was one of the best trips we had, all in all!

:bighug:

darn lonna you broke it good. we will definately be praying for you and remember no ice cream in recovery.i'm sure all will go fine.doctor bill says so. :2133:

Squid, how did you mange NO injuries????????Or did I miss a post???

Rich,

Unfortunately Lonna took the biggest hit out of all of it. Myself, I ended up pulling a lot of muscles in my back. My chiropractor mentioned to me that I was lucky to have strong back muscles or it would have been a LOT worse.

I'm sore right now and I'm walking a bit funny and very gingerly...but were alive, and that is due to one person only, who obviously has other plans for Lonna and I on this planet :)

Brad, if I understand you right, you had just come off of the 23 mile long bridge over the Achafalaya Basin, that bridge is always full of debris from trucks that travel it, they dont, or didnt clean it that often when I used to travel it 3-4 time a week when I lived down there. Just damn lucky you were off the bridge when the tire gave out. If it had happened on the bridge, well we wont go there. Just really, really happy you both survived it as well as you did, sure hate it that your beautiful lady took the brunt of the injuries. Lonna we keep you in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Take it easy and man that is one messed up scoot, of course, we know from experience when Brad does something he never does it half way..........

Lewis & Charlene

Hey man I'm gonna go over there and look for your bell for ya. Shouldn't be too hard to find the right spot. The onlookers I saw cause all of the 2nd and 3rd wrecks. I work across the Mississippi River in East Baton Rouge Parish for the city, but I hope my work mates didn't give ya a ticket did they. Heal Quick, y'all.

I didn't have one of the VR guardian bells on it, I had one my Brother in law gave us. Now that bell is somewhere in The Baton Rouge swamp dirt :confused24:.....but it sure did serve it's purpose :)

Uh oh, the gremlins got his bell! This can not be good. No one knows what gremlins do with the bells the capture.

brad, sorry to see and here of your accident. I'm so glad to here you were both ok. I hope everything comes out allright with the insurance so you dont have to take another hit financially too. By the way, how fast do you figure you were goin at the time? I was glad to see you both had your leathers on,,I'm sure that helped ya. Hope to see ya back in the saddle soon. :bighug:

So Brad, are you saving the new Venturerider bell I sent you via Don for your new scoot? I'm carrying the mine that Don sent from you in my car for now since I'm doing a lot of driving. Obviously your old one got you thru this mishap. Both of you heal quickly.:bighug:

brad, sorry to see and here of your accident. I'm so glad to here you were both ok. I hope everything comes out allright with the insurance so you dont have to take another hit financially too. By the way, how fast do you figure you were goin at the time? I was glad to see you both had your leathers on,,I'm sure that helped ya. Hope to see ya back in the saddle soon. :bighug:

Rick,

I really dont know as it happened so fast. I know that we were going about 70 or so when the tire blew. I would like to think since I went into automatic trying to save it that I got out of the throttle and slowed down a bit. It was a hell of a ride, I can assure you of that :doh:

So Brad, are you saving the new Venturerider bell I sent you via Don for your new scoot? I'm carrying the mine that Don sent from you in my car for now since I'm doing a lot of driving. Obviously your old one got you thru this mishap. Both of you heal quickly.:bighug:

Randy,

I do have the bell and will be putting it on the next scoot, I do like the idea of having it in the car though :happy34:

Brad seeing your photos was very upsetting to me, since we have the exact same bike as you had. I am so glad you were able to land in the grass area. Praise the Lord for that.

God bless you both, and please hold onto that Guardian Bell.

Take care and heal up.

Peggy

Brad, I am sooooo glad you and your wife made it threw that one! All I could think of when I saw the pictures is OUCH! I've been down 4 times sense I bought the 1st gen and now 2nd gen. Last time was Feb 12th of last year I went down hard in a curve with gravel across the whole road from ice a couple of weeks before. I also had a tire start to split and one of the people I was riding with saw it and pointed it out to me. Metzler replaced it and I had to pay for the install but it could have been like yours if someone haden't noticed the problem. There was also someone from this group that had a road marker go threw his tire and cause him to have a blow out too. It looks like you have a lot of folks looking out fot you here so good luck and God Bless from my family to yours......Ken

Squid, Thank God that the two of you were able to walk away from that :2132:. Its funny how the brain will let you remember the events before and after a accident but not the accident itself. Must be God's way to ensure that we will get back on and ride again.

Let us know when that maintance day will be.

Lonna, had my collar bone screwed back together and plated in December, 2months after I crashed my bike. I am doing fine now and you will be fine too. Very glad that you are both OK and will be riding again this summer.

Hope to meet both of you someday.