IGNORED

New Toy

Freebird

A couple of years ago, I traded our 2004 Kia Sorrento for a new 2011 Kia Sorrento. The '04 was a 6 cylinder but when I bought the 2011, you had to go with a much more expensive package to get the 6 cylinder so we settled for the 4. It was fine for the most part but I bought a small fishing boat a while back and even though it's only a 16 1/2 ft. deep V aluminum boat, it gave the little Kia a hard time.

So....I decided to upgrade the Kia so something with a little more pulling power. Believe it or not, gas mileage is close to the same when not pulling anything and this actually gets much better gas mileage when towing.

So....here is my new toy. Avalanche LT, 5.3 V8, AWD, all the bells and whistles except for leather interior. Bought it used though. One owner, GM certified, new tires and etc. I think we are going to really like it.

That old OWL is just trying to hurt my feelings. He knows how sensitive I am. :whistling:

I did get ripped off in that it has no cassette player. What's up with that? It does have an in dash 6 cd changer though, MP3 input and Bose speaker system. Stereo actually sounds fantastic.

Very nice Eck. I'm glad that I'm not the only one here with a "girly truck". :) I hope you love it as much as we do so far. Really a nice riding vehicle. I just learned that 2013 is going to the the last year it is produced. I like leather but I didn't have the money to buy new and the only used one I found around here with somewhat low miles and leather had a very light tan...almost white...interior and I didn't care for that.

I tell you though, after driving two different Kia Sorrentos for the past few years, this thing feels like a monster truck in comparison.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one here with a "girly truck"..

I didn't see you with a pink one.

Cant find good pics of the interior but this pic comes real close..

Is your camera broke ? Can't go out and take a picture ?

Brad

Is your camera broke ? Can't go out and take a picture ? Brad

My camera is in Huntsville, and Im in Charleston, and my cheap (replacement) phone doesnt have a camera on it..

So there you turkey..:rasberry:

Is your camera broke ? Can't go out and take a picture ? Brad

My camera is in Huntsville, and Im in Charleston, and my cheap (replacement) phone doesnt have a camera on it..

So there you turkey..:rasberry:

:stirthepot:

Just like the kids, an excuse for everything, :rotf:

My Father has the same truck also same colour as Don's.

Brad