IGNORED

1991 venture parts fit 1984 venture

chuck6121

I have a 1984 venture which I'm in process of getting running.. I have a lead on a 1991 venture the guy wants 300.00 dollars for says it ran last year .. but couldn't get it started this year . He said he put sea foam in it ... I have not laid eyes on this bike yet.. just wanting to know if it is a waste of time ?

So will any of the parts from a 1991 fit a 1984??? thanks

Most of the parts will fit.

Wiring harness, stator cover & pickups, TCI, clutch & cover, headlight cover, probably handlebar controls are different for sure.

Motor for most part will interchange. Better brakes on newer one.

Gary

All the front plastic will fit. The headlight surround is different, but they interchange.

If the rear of the 91 is better than the 84, you could transplant the lot, or repair the 91 instead using the 84.

went and looked at the 1991 venture ... It is a 1300cc .. the plastic fairing has a hole where the right mirror hooks on mirror is still there.. (as you sitting on bike).. the side bag lids look like there were made with that chip board (home made)? there is a stain on concrete by where the rear brake caliper is .. and a stain on concrete underneath (by the stator cover / slave cylinder is ) looks like front fork seals are leaking at the top .(wasn't wet but looked stained)? Like i said he told me it wouldn't start . he said he hooked jumper cables to it would turn over but not fire.. I seen the positive cable sticking out under cover .. Tires look ok but haven't check the date code on them..

I'm still waiting to hear back from him..

So do you all think it is still worth the 300.00 ?

I would think it would be for the carbs and electronics if they are functional. The link under the stator is most likely the wires coming and it has oil leaking around it. How are the vents in the side covers? If they are complete they are worth a bit but if they are broken, not much worth there. I wouldnt be too concerned about the tires as I dont know if I would want to trust them unless they are only a year or two old.

Good Luck and let us know.

Rick F.