IGNORED

Caught on Camera

SilvrT

Wife and I stopped at Safeway on the way home last night. There in the parking lot were 2 cop cars ... the cops were standing beside a bush near the street where oncoming drivers couldn't see them ... nailing drivers who were using cell phones while driving as well as other infractions such as not wearing seat belts. In a matter of 10 minutes that I stood and watched them, they pulled over 5 drivers and handed out tickets.

This is "motorcycle awareness" month and all over the province there is a campaign to crack down on such infractions.

I went over and gave a "thumbs up" thank you to one of the officers.

This past Sunday the wife and I were riding to the city centre. Came up beside a young lady to the left who was texting ... she had her windows down so I yelled at her to stop and pay attention to her driving .... unfortunately, I forgot about the intercom and my poor wife got the brunt of my yelling in her ears! http://gl1800riders.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

Let me be the first.... helmet and proper gear saved his life.

Yes... everyone (?) has the right to choose what to wear but in an accident every little bit helps. Only takes a second to be in an accident.

Hope everyone has a safe riding season.

had a woman run a red light making a left hand turn right in front of me. did i get hurt? Nope i was driving a ford galaxy 500 at the time and I nailed her broad side spun her car around in the opposite direction and totaled both of our cars. I was only doing 30 mph too. If I'd been on my bike it would have been worse for me. as is my car was totaled but i lived to tell the tale.