IGNORED

FroggToggs ???

Cougar

OK guys and Gals what model of toggs to I get ?? there are so many to chose from.:think:

togg that and toad this.. sheesh :confused24:

Just wanna know what most are using and the price I should be looking at.

Thanks for any input.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle-rain-gear#v2-facets%5B%5D=72&page=1&page_size=96&sort=featured

Oh and should I go with XL as I wear a large in clothes? to go over the clothes?

Jeff

Thanks Joe, I just heard a guy that I work with says

he saw them at Walmart for 40 bucks? Not sure what style tho.

Bass Pro also has them with their logo and I think they may be a little cheaper.

The set of Frogg Toggs that is motorcycle specific are called the Road Toads. I have a pair and they are OK. Not the best but well worth the price for a set of gear that you carry on the bike just in case. One size larger is the best bet. Problem I had is they are not long enough. I am 6'3" tall though. Check out the whttp://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/RoadToads.shtmebsite. :080402gudl_prv:

I had one set. I think I gave around $30 or so for them. Its been along time ago. They didnt last me 2-3yr. Maybe a bad set or something. I got them at a sportinggoods store in OK. Used them a couple times then they were in the saddlebags for quite awhile. When I needed to use them again, they split and were falling apart. I now have a pair of tourmasters for me and I think the wifes are Dowco. The wifes came from JAFRUM.com

I have had two pair of Frogg Toggs. The first was the ultra-thin "leather" look ones that I got from CycleGear. $35 or so. They kept me delightfully dry in a steady --sometimes heavy-- rain from The Grand Canyon to Houston. 1000 miles in rain, and I was dry. That was pretty nice. The zipper crapped out, but I wore a reflective vest and I was still dry.

But I wanted something more visible. When it is raining, why wear something that is practically camouflage? So I got the Frogg Toggs Horny Toadz in the high-vis green. It is double the price, but it is clearly a better product. MUCH heavier and durable.

http://www.froggtoggs.com/images/product/NHT65115-48.jpg

I dislike the pants though. They don't stretch at all. Putting them on is a chore, and if I gain another 2 oz, they will never fit.

I'm in the market for raingear again, since I was wearing my Toadz when I went down with a blown rear tire. (I felt so safe in that yellow/green that I wore it until I got too hot) The jacket did not shred, but it did end up with a few holes. I am even more impressed with the Toadz now.

I think I'll bite the bullet and get the Rev'It Horizon HV. So so so expensive, but I seem to be in the habit of crashing these days. :(

Dave

Holy Cow, $500 ? wow......

Right? If it were $150, it'd be in my closet now. :whistling:

I am having a change of heart about some things. I now realize that it is too hot in Texas in the summer to ride without a jacket. So, I am looking for a year round jacket, and the one I am searching in vain for provides ventilation and rain proof-ness. I don't want to put a rain jacket over a protective jacket. I'm done with wearing a zillion layers. I'll ditch the thermal layer of whatever I end up with, and use my electric jacket liner.

It seems like the one that meets all my needs, my all-in-one jacket, is $499. But I get $20 in Revzilla bucks back! Wheee! :mo money:

Dave

Now are these all the same thing then , at these other stores? :scratchchin:

The ones at Wally World I checked out. They are much lighter, thinner than the ones I wear. Probably as dry and breathable, maybe not as durable.

All I can find on my tags is Style # FT10322-01. They are labled as Fogg Toggs outerwear. No other clue as to any other model.

Bought mine at a local independent bike shop for about $79.00 bucks.

You already know how I feel about mine.

I'm 6'2" or so and 280 lbs. I wear the XXL to a allow for over the riding jacket and pants.

Mike

+1 on the being seen thing. Especially in cloudy rainy conditions. Thats part of why I went back to my tourmasters as they came in yellow jacket. Unfortunatly here in Fl unless its raining bucketloads for hour into the future rain gear may not even get put on. by the time you stop, put it on and ride 20 min your as hot and wet inside it as if you didnt have it on. Was same way when I lived in Oklahoma. lol Zip lock for wallet and important stuff and ride. Then it feels like AC.