IGNORED

the purdiest girls you ever seen, in Abilene!

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

On this past past Thursday, April 26th, myself and LilBeaver (Rick) rode down to Abilene Texas to check out an all female acoustic jam session at the Lucky Mule Saloon.

The Rankin Twins are a duet, April and Amy, (Amy is wearing the blue top) originally from Midland but living in Austin now I believe.

Pauline Reese is a tall blonde drink of water who lives on a ranch..um...somewhere in Texas.

Kylie Rae Harris, the brunette, has a deep soulful voice, and to me, she sounds and looks a lot like Sheryl Crowe.

These girls are talented and beautiful, and hopefully will have a great career in Texas Country Music.

For those who know about this: Rick's bike seemed to run fine, no problems with the ignition as far as I know. Our ride to Abilene was pleasant and uneventful, other than a couple of idiot cagers, a few missed turns in the Abilene downtown area, a detour thru a residential area, and a little fun messing with the Patels that rented us each a room.

On the way back from Abilene to Lubbock, I think about half of the Texas red dirt near the edge of the caprock ended up on our 2 bikes, since mine was no longer a Midnite Black, but more of a gritty maroon color! It was VERY windy!

A great time was had by all...meaning me at least.

Thanks for the ride-along Rick...:happy34:

Edited by tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

Here are a couple of videos I recorded at the Lucky Mule Saloon:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zc8BIabo7I&feature=plcp]The Rankin Twins (Headaches and Heartaches) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTfAZpmCyKY&feature=relmfu]The Rankin Twins (Rain) - YouTube[/ame]

And here is The Rankin Twins official Rain video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLeJPISDq8Q&feature=related]The Rankin Twins "Rain" - YouTube[/ame]

Huh, how about that! Someone beat me to it thanks to the little 'suggested thread' thingy at the bottom of the 'new thread' page.

I will not duplicate too much of what Brian (Tx2Sturgis) has already written, but I will add a little.

We sort of lucked out as it was cloudy out. Why is that lucky you ask? Well when the temperatures are somewhere between 95 and 105, the cloud cover is welcomed greatly! The ride down took us through some of the less traveled roads in this area which is a nice break from the state/US highways that are flat and boring.

I do not have too many pictures to add and Brian's are far better than the ones I took.

The musicians were terrific, the ride was nice and it sure was a great time hanging out and chatting. I have been hammered with work over the course of the last several months and this was the first TRUE day off I have had since... well probably around Thanksgiving. I wish I could have worked my schedule a little better to have some more time off but I guess I will settle for the less than 24 hour period we had.

The ride back up was a bit rough, although I must correct you here Brian as we were not experiencing the 'West Texas' dust, those 40-60mph winds (according to NOAA) were carrying NEW MEXICO through where we were at... Texas was long gone by that point!

Despite my intense sleep deprivation, I sure did have a good time as well. Thanks Brian for extending the invitation (and, of course, stumbling across these ladies' schedule). :thumbsup2:

Until next time

:Venture:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and to confirm, after replacing the ignition unit, cleaning all of the electronic connections (including grounds), etc etc my bike is running GREAT!

Edited by LilBeaver
Added comment about my bike

Guest tx2sturgis
Yep...you are right...beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder. :)

I love pretty girls AND country music so bring them to Maintenance Day. :thumbsup2:

Im guessing that could be arranged...for the right amount of folding money.

:happy34:

Guest tx2sturgis
Just tell them you will treat them to sights of men such as they have never seen!!!:whistling:

Well Amy is single. April is engaged...not sure about Pauline and Kylie.

From what I saw, they seem to have plenty of attention from the guys.

:happy34:

• 2 months later...
Guest tx2sturgis

Well my girls have made it to the number TWO spot on the Texas Music Chart, called Texnet50.

http://www.texasmusicchart.com/Pages/TexNet50.htm

I'm not really that familiar with how all this country music stuff works, but I guess this is a good thing, huh?

They might hit number one this week...I sure hope so, these gals are hardworking, fun, and friendly people.

Heres the video again:

Thanks for the update. I have heard them on the radio several times now since seeing them in April. Nice to see that they are doing so well!

I even heard "Rain" while passing through Chicago recently. I was impressed.

:thumbsup2:

Guest tx2sturgis
They are nice, but I bet maintenance cost are high.

Far as I can tell these gals are maintaining themselves quite nicely!

:whistling:

• 5 months later...
Guest tx2sturgis

I was lucky enough to catch another performance of these lovely ladies in Amarillo at the Golden Light Cafe.

They will be featured in a TV show set to air in February. I will keep yall posted.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4jTSxDkAWQ]The Rankin Twins 'Rain' at Golden Light - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEkTrzPzNuo]Rankin Twins Headaches and Heartaches at Golden Light - YouTube[/ame]

Great music, and VERY talented, that's for sure. I've heard them a number of times on the radio around here, and strangely heard them getting air time when I was back home in Columbus, Ohio around Thanksgiving. THAT was kinda cool!!

And gents, if you should happen to get an urge for another "musical adventure" ride next year.....please do keep in mind that the Republic has now acquired another Venture riding, country music loving fella in and around the area as well.... Just sayin!!

:big-grin-emoticon:

Guest tx2sturgis
Well......one can always hope that Miss Kylie might turn out to be single....

Hey....a fella can dream! Whoop Whoop!!!

Ha-ha-ha-ha!!

She is a hottie and very very sweet in person too...and I believe, single.

http://www.kylieraeharris.com/

Updates, since it seems relevant: April (she has short hair), one of the Rankin Twins, recently got married, and Pauline is definitely married.

Guest tx2sturgis
If those are the prettiest girls in Abelene, thanks for not posting any pics of MEN from there.

:big-grin-emoticon:

I'm not sure if that was intended to be an insulting remark, or simply flame-bait. Either way, it was not called for.

If you want to insult females that are friends of mine, please PM me and we can discuss it, or simply dont open and post in any of my threads.

Thank you.

No where did you mention they were your friends...why am i supposed to assume that? every one gets pictures taken with musicians. Does that make them friends or fans?

I would never make such statements at some ones friends or spouse.

The title of your thread implied "they are the purdiest things i have ever seen" and i said i don't think so...thats all.

As for not opening your threads or posting in them, you wont to worry about it any more. I believe we have over 8000 members here.

:beer:

Guest tx2sturgis

Its a shame when a light-hearted, harmless thread goes south.

To keep this one afloat, I sent a PM to chabicheka. Sorry folks, about the dark cloud that formed here, but I get a bit steamed when women I know are verbally insulted.

Back to the fun, ok?

:cool10:

Its a shame when a light-hearted, harmless thread goes south.

To keep this one afloat, I sent a PM to chabicheka. Sorry folks, about the dark cloud that formed here, but I get a bit steamed when women I know are verbally insulted.

Back to the fun, ok?

:cool10:

Glad to hear that, I'm sure it will work out.

Guest tx2sturgis

Did you get the Ural yet?

No not yet. The call will probably come when I'm out on the road and 'cant get there from here'.

It should be any day now.

Thanks for asking, this is killing me! :crying: