IGNORED

Why do short leg guys feel they need a ..

Eddie

Nice to see that this thread didn't make it all the way south. Glad to see you guys can get yourselves out of trouble. Interesting discussion, a little bit of undoing and then an effort on healing,,, real family! I'll reserve my comments for now.

Thanks for sparing us. :rotf:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People probably didn't notice the guy go down because they were so impressed with the harley. The boss's back was probably hurting so bad after riding the "softail" harley that he couldn't move.

I bet he seen that water and in a panic pulled the front break . All she wrote.

ok Eddie you win. I removed all my post , and sorry I cant take down the ones that had been quoted I dont have the athority to do it.

Tomorrow morning Ill post my bike in the classifieds and take the funds from it to buy myself a skate board. I think with a 30 inch inseam I can set on one of those and falt foot it so maybey Ill be safe.

David

Nice to see that this thread didn't make it all the way south. Glad to see you guys can get yourselves out of trouble. Interesting discussion, a little bit of undoing and then an effort on healing,,, real family! I'll reserve my comments for now.

Noticed that to my friend. I was just checking back to see what happened. Good read, this is what I personally like about this site and all these people here.

James :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :goodpost:

ok Eddie you win. I removed all my post , and sorry I cant take down the ones that had been quoted I dont have the athority to do it.

Tomorrow morning Ill post my bike in the classifieds and take the funds from it to buy myself a skate board. I think with a 30 inch inseam I can set on one of those and falt foot it so maybey Ill be safe.

David

Make sure you keep your helmet and gloves and buy some knee and elbow pads because you can get hurt on one of those too. haha

It wasnt a contest to win. I was mad at the guy for having a bike he couldnt handle. Ive lost six friends to motorcyle accidents and things like this seem like they can be avoided

Make sure you keep your helmet and gloves and buy some knee and elbow pads because you can get hurt on one of those too. haha

It wasnt a contest to win. I was mad at the guy for having a bike he couldnt handle. Ive lost six friends to motorcyle accidents and things like this seem like they can be avoided

Eddie, that brings more to the table of discussion. Sorry for your loss. Some of my friends are closer than a lot of my family have ever been to me.

Tough for you I understand, and I also understand your point made here. Just like a good bow has to fit you to be able to shoot it properly, yes you can shoot it, but I will out shoot you when the time to get-r-done comes. Cause my bow fits me and I am comfortable always, and that is at full draw.

This guy has a problem when stopping, and I would not want to be pulled up beside him at a light, I would avoid that and stay back. He would even possibly damage my bike or get us both hurt. I hope he gets help and finds something to, get-r-done.

Fuzzy

Your right I bet. 1st gens are like a Model A ,when you see one in good shape there nice to look at.:rotf:

Again some of us don't have the finances to buy a new bike and drive what we can afford. I personally don't care for Harleys, but am not going to bash those who do.

I will admit a joke is a joke and all makes can be a target of fun.

As one who can flat foot my RSV I have a little trouble understanding the concept of a bike being too big. I find my Goldwing to be a little cramped and harleys to be even less roomy. I can understand somebody choosing a bike like a goldwing even though they may be a bit on the shorter side. The attraction of a smooth quiet powerfull bike with all the bells and whistles built in is hard to deny. There are very few smaller bikes that offer these amenities. I have looked for years for something smooth quiet and powerfull like my FJR for sport touring for my wife to drive. The closest we have come would be a Honda 700nt but even that is a little tall. It is time the bike manufacturers woke up to the fact that more and more women as well as shorter stature men are looking for long distance smooth quiet tourers. Although my rsv is the perfect size bike for me I still find myself wondering what that bike would be like with the FJR engine and transmission, maybe detuned for more torgue and a little less top end. I want it all and I want it now

Al

Each to their own but I just do not feel comfortable if I can't flatfoot my bike. Toes just don't seem to have the same strength and stability if you get into a little longer reach situation. I have a friend that has dropped his big bike on many occasions by himself and with his spouse on because in my opinion he cannot flatfoot the bike. He stills rides and I say nothing to him as it is his choice. I just hope he feels safe in his bike choice and stays safe.

I know Ruffy, Im sorry. It will be going first thing in the a.m. I was swamped every morning this week. I will buy you the ice creme now.

You have to admit the debate is fun.

So, if you make it to Florida we can ride our skateboards along A1A to Fernandina Beach for some Working Cow ice cream. Makes DQ taste like swamp water......:fnd_(16):

So, if you make it to Florida we can ride our skateboards along A1A to Fernandina Beach for some Working Cow ice cream. Makes DQ taste like swamp water......:fnd_(16):

We get one thing out of the way and you start bashing DQ!! Just can't leave well enough alone can ya!!! Oh I forgot you ride a 2nd Gen. You can't get to the DQ's first. Just wait til we 1st genners find out where Working Cow is.:whistling:

:rotfl::rotfl: I'm going to the garage. No its raining!! Roof leaks!!

Just my 2 cents, I feel uncomfortable when I see somebody riding a bike they can't flatfoot. I had a woman come to look at my '82 750 Nighthawk, and she was about 5' tall. She could just get the tips of her feet on the ground. I didn't feel comfortable selling her the bike and I told her so. Sold it yesterday to a guy around my height, in the 6' range. I can sleep better at night!

guys i have read the post and have decided to join in.....

i have a 2006 RSV...

It is all stock as far as seat, shocks, bars etc....

I am 5'5" tall and 168 lbs...

I can sit on my bike with my feet flat on thr ground....I can add pics if you wanna see.

I completely agree that a bike should "fit" and there are things that can be done to most to make one do so.

Having said that it sounds like the guy that fell over that was mentioned at the beginning of this thread had other issues besides stature.

the guy on the Dyna saw the water and freaked as mentioned earlier.

btw....I cannot touch on a GW , but have no desire to do so...

my 2c....

Guest scarylarry

I cannot touch on a GW , but have no desire to do so...

my 2c....

Now that is strange I'm 6'3 and my RSV fits right under me flat footed, the GW has enough room between me and the seat I could add a bed pillow under it..

I cannot touch on a GW , but have no desire to do so...

my 2c....

Now that is strange I'm 6'3 and my RSV fits right under me flat footed, the GW has enough room between me and the seat I could add a bed pillow under it..

not sure if the GW I sat on had stock saddle or not...guess it could have been wider....not sure ,just know I fit my RSV....but it is still heavy as you know.

thats the hradest thing i had to get used to was the weight coming off 0f a Warrior

It is time the bike manufacturers woke up to the fact that more and more women as well as shorter stature men are looking for long distance smooth quiet tourers.

Victory seems to be looking at the complete customer base. Something for just about anyone, packaged with a decent drivetrain. With the commanality of parts I am sure profits are high

Brad