IGNORED

1st Gen Hater

joboo

Anybody see Judge Joe Brown today, it was a case about a guy who bought a 1st gen that needed more work than the guy was prepared for, but Judge Joe Brown told the guy he should have saved a few more bucks and bought a real bike like the Harley his wife originally wanted. He was hatin on it for awhile. They showed lots of pictures and the Yamaha name in big letters. It was a good lookin silver bike that looked loaded, probably see it listed pretty quick after that aired. :doh:

LOL Condor, I have to say I don't watch either, I agree with Dan, I think he is an idiot, but I have to confess, that I DO watch Judge Judy and his show is on just before hers so I just caught the end of it. I try to take off everyday for decompression time and retire to the porch with my stogie and a brew and part of that decompression is laughing my a** off listening to Judge Judy berate the dumba**s on her show, good for a laugh anyway! :beer:

where does the first gen end and 2nd gen start im just learning these things about my bike first bike a i had was a yamaha 600 or 550 not sure 2nd was 750 shadow and that was 20yrs ago now i got a 97 RSTD 1300 that is very sick and judge brown can kiss my you get the point it maybe sick and more than im ready for but some one has to give it some TLC

where does the first gen end and 2nd gen start im just learning these things about my bike first bike a i had was a yamaha 600 or 550 not sure 2nd was 750 shadow and that was 20yrs ago now i got a 97 RSTD 1300 that is very sick and judge brown can kiss my you get the point it maybe sick and more than im ready for but some one has to give it some TLC

Here's everything you wanted to know.... and maybe a little you didn't... :)

http://www.venturerider.org/modules/history/index.php

Here's everything you wanted to know.... and maybe a little you didn't... :)

http://www.venturerider.org/modules/history/index.php

Hey Condor, that's nice. Good read, I never even knew that was here in all the years I have been here, I had never checked that out. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Now I am going to go see if I can find it. :thumbsup2: OK, I found that easy enough. I was wrong, I have saw that before. Thank you.....

Fuzzy

Edited by FuzzyRSTD
checking something out

I still kick myself when I think of the 81 I found that was complete. He claimed the radio didn't work and battery was dead. Hadn't been started for about a year. I made deal for it. 250 bucks. Didn't get back when i was supposed to. Gone when I got there... :crying::crying:

I still kick myself when I think of the 81 I found that was complete. He claimed the radio didn't work and battery was dead. Hadn't been started for about a year. I made deal for it. 250 bucks. Didn't get back when i was supposed to. Gone when I got there... :crying::crying:

For the 81 what? What comes before a 1st gen?

RandyA

The xs1100 came before the XVZ1300. I had seen the XS1100 advertised as a Venture when it had all the Yamaha stuff on it, fairing and bags and such.

I mean if he is talking about a Yamaha, maybe he's talking about a Suzuki of Kaw or Honda, who knows?

The xs1100 came before the XVZ1300. I had seen the XS1100 advertised as a Venture when it had all the Yamaha stuff on it, fairing and bags and such.

I mean if he is talking about a Yamaha, maybe he's talking about a Suzuki of Kaw or Honda, who knows?

Yes, you are right and they were refered to as the Venturer. I think they may have also had the same package in the 850 Tripple Special as I had one.

RandyA

Yes, you are right and they were refered to as the Venturer. I think they may have also had the same package in the 850 Tripple Special as I had one.

RandyA

I had an 850 Special also, bought it there at Bristol... Canters Cycle Sales, I think it was called, there on Volunteer Parkway. I want to think it was 1981. A long time ago indeed.....