IGNORED

Home from Ga. MD.....

DragonRider

Made it home from Steve Wagner's M/D. Steve is a very gracious host and I thank him for hosting this event, looking forward to going back again. But, dont take a 1st Gen that needs a little work, poor Venture N Dixie was made to feel like the red headed stepchild the whole time he was there, Steve gave him the VentureRider warm welcome, told him if the dumpster was still there he wouldnt have to trailer his bike back home, he could just toss it in the dumpster........poor guy, at least it wasnt me being picked on, thanks Venture N Dixie for being such a great sport in taking all the flak you took from each and every one of us, you have to know that's what it takes to make newbies feel loved here at VR. On the other hand met some new faces and some old faces too. Again we only had that one 1st Gen and we showed it plenty of love by stripping it partway down and fixing, or at least trying to fix a leaky carb, and did get it carb tuned thanks to RandyR. Randy thanks for all the cold beverages. Here are a few pics of all the fun we had with the 1st Genner!:starz:

Edited by DragonRider

It was great having everyone here that could make it. Turned out to be great weather for a change. Lewis does know how to work on those first gen's as it was given new life with some TLC. ( guess the dumpster wasn't needed after all LOL )

Hope everyone made it home Ok and thanks for coming :cool10:

Brian, Steve and I rode from Dahlonega up around Vogel and over to Ellijay to enjoy some of Col Pooles bbq for dinner after a little ride.

The rain skirted Ellijay while we were at the Cols and I chased rain clouds and wet roads all the way back home, but missed getting rained on. So pretty much a perfect day.

SteveW. Thanks again for hosting us, providing coffee, donuts, and lunch.

Sounds like a good time was had by all :clap2:

I want to thank Lewis for checking out the headset and also a BIG thank You to Randy, because without your help in checking out the trike for me last fall we would have missed a great deal on an awesome bike that my wife, Jeannie absolutely loves. :thumbsup2:

She's excitedly waiting on that new headset now so she can listen to her new MP3 player.

Just got home myself. Wow, Steve, great day.

The whole trip I either skirted the big rain or it blew by in front of or behind me.

Got to Spartanburg just in time to see my daughters performance, dinner and a ride back on in to Charlotte.

I enjoyed evey minute of it even if I was from NC. Met alot of great people and it was hosted well. I look forward to joining up with you again in the future. Heck, I just may have one of these things just to see who (and WHAT:Im not listening to) shows up.

I did have one thing happen on the way back that kinda has me baffled. I lost one of the right side bolts that holds the trunk rack on. The other bolt was almost out. Never had that happen before.

Again, Thank you Steve for hosting.

Here is a few more pics

[ATTACH]65568[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]65569[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]65571[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]65572[/ATTACH]

Edited by TDunc
pics

Also had a great time with all y'all, getting a little much needed work done and learning a few things to boot. Thanks for the carb tune, Randy! I know you said it was just a tweak, but it certainly made a pretty good difference. Mongo, thanks for hosting this, and I hope I didn't make too much of a mess with my little oil explosion from my tour pack. Wow, was that embarrassing! Also, I'll let you know when I'll be able to come up for the radiator cover in a week or two.

I met my other half and some friends in Dolonegha at Shanannaghans for a few and some food, then a rain-dodging ride over to Jasper and down to Canton for a few more. Then we really got dumped on! Hey, the scoot needed a bath anyway.

Thanks to everybody for the good conversation and idea sharing. Hope to see you guys on the road again soon.

:cool10:

WOW! Guys I don't mind being the red headed stepchild at all! I was pretty much thinking along Steve's logic of finding the closest dumpster and abandoning the poor beast, but after the carb tune, plug check and investagative surgery, I'm primed to pamper and ride her every day. I promise to have new fluids and filters within a week. Was there really food and beverages? James was motivated to make a stop at the Venture Cafe in Douglasville. Thank you Steve for being a gracious host and thank you guys for performing CPR on the old girl. I've decided ya'll NEED me. After 2 hrs I still can't sucessfully post pictures. OK resume jokes now.

WOW! Guys I don't mind being the red headed stepchild at all! I was pretty much thinking along Steve's logic of finding the closest dumpster and abandoning the poor beast, but after the carb tune, plug check and investagative surgery, I'm primed to pamper and ride her every day. I promise to have new fluids and filters within a week. Was there really food and beverages? James was motivated to make a stop at the Venture Cafe in Douglasville. Thank you Steve for being a gracious host and thank you guys for performing CPR on the old girl. I've decided ya'll NEED me. After 2 hrs I still can't sucessfully post pictures. OK resume jokes now.
1ST GENS ARE NO JOKE.... I DON'T CARE WHAT STEVE SAYS:backinmyday:

It was a pleasure meeting you and helping with breathing new life in the old girl.:thumbsup2: I know this will sound strange to those 2nd genners but working on the 1st gens are half the fun.:whistling:

Don't worry about tackling some of those future repairs, upgrades and modifications.:bang head: Just remember::backinmyday:

1. If you have a question,:confused24: post it and it will be answered........Multiple times:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
  2. If you need help, host an event, and they will come.......from across multiple state lines.:7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]:
  3. If you need a part some one has one laying around your welcome to..... sometimes two or three.:dancefool:
  4. Anything and everything that will ever need to be done to her has already been done and figured out:detective: by someone else on here and has written an article complete with pictures, diagrams, little red arrows and references to vendors and any other supplier of knowledge, parts or materials you may ever need. :mo money:

:2cents:

Yep, couldn't have asked for a nicer day. Nice morning ride up to the mountains, great host (thanks for the fuse Steve) a chance to learn how to work on the RSV (I'm a rookie RSV owner), meet some fine folks, see what others have done to personalize their scoots, a nice afternoon ride through the mountains on some new backroads (I think the LEO's we kept seeing were keeping an eye on that bunch of crotch rockets we saw parked I think it was up on Blood Mtn.) then a stop for BBQ and all along skirting the rains along the way, just a few sprinkles barely enough to wet the windscreen. Looking forward to the next MD.

Yep, couldn't have asked for a nicer day. Nice morning ride up to the mountains, great host (thanks for the fuse Steve) a chance to learn how to work on the RSV (I'm a rookie RSV owner), meet some fine folks, see what others have done to personalize their scoots, a nice afternoon ride through the mountains on some new backroads (I think the LEO's we kept seeing were keeping an eye on that bunch of crotch rockets we saw parked I think it was up on Blood Mtn.) then a stop for BBQ and all along skirting the rains along the way, just a few sprinkles barely enough to wet the windscreen. Looking forward to the next MD.

Meach, nice to meet you on Saturday. Welcome to the Venture family. You have a real beauty there. If you ever find out the brand of those lower wind deflectors that attach to the highway bars, let me know. If not, post a picture - - I'm sure someone else on here might know who makes or sells them. I'd love to get a set.

Thanks!