IGNORED

Let's go to Luckenbach, TX...AGAIN!!!

Scooter Bob

I wasn't going to do a trip thread this time, since this is a lot like what I did last year, but Karen doesn't visit this site much, and needs to know where to look to find me.:D

So here goes...

Bike is already loaded. Planning to leave from work tomorrow afternoon and riding down to Rick Haywood and Shirley's for a little BS'n and maybe a few beers, and a place to crash.

Wednesday's plan is to head south to Sparta, IL to visit an antique engine collector and then get near (but not into) Memphis for the night.

Thursday's plan is a ride over to SW Arkansas and spend the night at Playboy's place.

Friday's plan is to ride with Playboy to the SE TX MD at Kregerdoodle's and maybe stop and see another antique engine collection in Tatum, TX along the way. Planning to stay at the MD till Sunday morning.

Then it's off to Luckenbach for Sunday afternoon music, probably ride around the hills Monday and spend another night in Luckenbach. (I really enjoyed Luckenbach last year, can ya tell :D )

Probably start heading back northerly on Tuesday morning, and wander my way back towards home the rest of the week.:confused24:

Maybe see you on the road, Scooter Bob

Scooter Bob made it in ok and we had a very nice visit. It was good to see him again. Wanted to ride a little with him when he left this morning but as luck would have it front wheel is off the bike. He left this morning around 8:00 am to cool temps and sunny skies. Great day for a ride.

Ride careful my friend

Bob,

Have a GREAT ride! :thumbsup2: Hope the wind is a bit better for ya this year. :whistling: If you had the same tires as last year you could have done the route backwards and had even ware that way. :stickpoke:

You know where I live Buddy if you need a couch on your way home. :beer:

Bryan

Hope the wind is a bit better for ya this year. :whistling: If you had the same tires as last year you could have done the route backwards and had even ware that way. :stickpoke:

Wind was pretty brutal yesterday, but mostly behind me most of today.:D

You know where I live Buddy if you need a couch on your way home. :beer:

Bryan

Thanks Bryan, I'll keep that in mind. I haven't planned a return trip yet, just gonna wing it.:banana:

Step 2 complete!

Left Rick and Shirley's about 8am, breakfast just north of Springfield, at the antique engine guy near Sparta, IL a little after noon, left there about 3pm and put on a couple hundred more miles, and ended up in Corning, AR for the night.

:beersign: Good thing I got beer a few miles back at the MO border,:beersign:

cus this is a dry county.:bang head:

I'm sure glad we don't have these alcohol problems in Wisconsin.:no-no-no:

Looks like about 350 miles to Playboys house tomorrow, and on to TX from there.:thumbsup2:

More to follow, Scooter Bob

The guy from the SMOKSTAK.com antique engine forum went all out for me. He had 4 of his bigger engines out of the shop and running when I got there, and he has 20 or 30 more smaller ones in the shop.

The last pic is of and engine like what is still being used today on several small oil wells in his area. They run 24/7, and have provisions for doing an oil change while they are running.

Very cool!!!!

The guy from the SMOKSTAK.com antique engine forum went all out for me. He had 4 of his bigger engines out of the shop and running when I got there, and he has 20 or 30 more smaller ones in the shop.

The last pic is of and engine like what is still being used today on several small oil wells in his area. They run 24/7, and have provisions for doing an oil change while they are running.

Scooter called and said he arrived at Playboys safe and sound. They are going out to dinner tonight and will be heading to the MD in Texas on Friday morning. He is still hunting for a great scavenger hunt target, you guys all know Scooter, always ready to play the game. Anything for a reason to ride.

Til later,

Karen

Scooter Bob, if you need a place to stay over here in the Luckenbach area (30 minutes to Luckenbach) we have 2 extra bedrooms and baths reserved here for you.

Thanks for the offer Tom, but I plan on camping right in Luckenbach. You wanna meet for a late lunch Sunday?

Later, Scooter Bob

Name the time. When you are on RR 32 about 3.6 miles before you get to HWY 281 you will see an old rusty International cabover truck in a field to the right. I live down that road. Tell me where to meet in Luchenbach and we will try and be there.

Mary and I should be a Luckenbach tomorrow around 1:30. Hope to see you there.

I'm sure I won't be there quite that early. I'm going to help Craig and Janet knock down some shade tents before I leave.

Hope to see you there though.

Later, Scooter Bob

I was listening to the music when you asked, but fixin' to head North from here this morning and see if I can find my way home.

Beer everywhere over here, you can even buy big cold singles at the gas station.

Wifi not workin' in my room, and cell signal spotty as well, so that's why I haven't posted much.

Later, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob

SB,

Boy, what a difference the carb. sync. made. It has more get-and-go, thanks again for the adjustments. Looking forward to seeing you next year....from Houton, TX ::::.Happy Trails north......Trebor