IGNORED

Let's go to Luckenbach, TX...AGAIN!!!

Scooter Bob

ScooterBob,

Looks to be sunny and low/mid 50's up here for the next few days. Ride safely.

RR

Perfect, lost 20 degrees in the first few hours this morning, add the rain and it was chilly for a while, but back up to 64 behind the storms here in Shawnee, OK.

More to follow, Scooter Bob

Good thing I didn't have a BIG MAC Attack today...

Cus it was 460 miles between Mcdonalds today:scratchchin:... the way I went.:D

I headed North out of Fredericksburg, TX on hiway 16 for 200 miles, then tried to work my way NE above Dallas and caught up with the bigger storms that were down here all day.:bang head:

Headed straight North out of St. Jo, TX for another 100 miles and then tried going east again to get under OK city, and finally had to head for another metropolis to get a room for the night here in Shawnee, OK.

All in all, a pretty nice day dispite the rain for a 100 miles or so. I managed to get about 400 miles north and 70 miles easterly, all on 2 lane roads with nothing for traffic.:D:clap2::banana::cool10:

More to follow, Scooter Bob

Glad you have made it safely past the storms. Sure was worried you were in them.

To bad that four letter word (work) got in the way again Tom, I was looking forward to meeting up.

By the way, what was the Medflight transfer at the Blanco HS for Sunday afternoon? I hope not a biker, but there sure was a lot of CrotchRockets racin' around in that area at the time.

Later, Scooter Bob

Twice on this trip I've seen an orange contruction sign near a bridge that says "Guardrail Damage Ahead".:scratchchin:

Does this mean that since it's damaged, it would be UNSAFE for me to run into it???:confused24::doh:

Had a Roadrunner zip across in front of me today, slammed on the brakes so as not to hit the Coyote, but he never showed up.:scratchchin:

I wonder what that Roadrunner was runnin' from?:confused24:

And, has anyone ever seen a live Armadillo?:scratchchin: All I've ever seen are a lot of them buggers dead on the road.

Later, Scooter Bob

Glad to hear that you missed the Big Storms that hit Dallas....And yes, there really are Live Armadillos....you can run them down on foot, kick them and they will roll, then you can catch them....not really sure why you would want to... but now you know!! LOL Be safe Bob, we look forward to seeing ya.

K&J

Twice on this trip I've seen an orange contruction sign near a bridge that says "Guardrail Damage Ahead".:scratchchin:

Does this mean that since it's damaged, it would be UNSAFE for me to run into it???:confused24::doh:

Had a Roadrunner zip across in front of me today, slammed on the brakes so as not to hit the Coyote, but he never showed up.:scratchchin:

I wonder what that Roadrunner was runnin' from?:confused24:

And, has anyone ever seen a live Armadillo?:scratchchin: All I've ever seen are a lot of them buggers dead on the road.

Later, Scooter Bob

Fixin' to head out of Shawnee in a little bit. I was planning on running straight North to Kansas, and then heading NE, but the weather might change my mind. :confused24:

I do think that my body (butt) won't be happy about doing this last 900 or so miles in two days, so I think I'll just try to go all the way home on two lane roads and take three days to do it.:D

Thanks for following everybody, and keepin' me company, Scooter Bob

SB,

Assuming it is Shawnee, OK you are starting from, you should hit Kansas City about lunch time. I HIGHLY recommend stopping at Arthur Bryant's BBQ. There are two locations.

Arthur Bryant's Barbeque · (816) 231-1123

1727 Brooklyn Ave · Kansas City

Arthur Bryant's Barbeque · (816) 414-7474

3200 Ameristar Dr · Kansas City

Their brisket is to die for.

Travel safely. Clear skies and sunny thru Saturday up here.

RR

Ok, I've had enough of this rain.:bang head:

The two lane trip back home from TX continues. I took hiway 18 north for a bit this morning, then a few miles east on Route 66, then a couple hunderd miles north on hiway 99. The skies started clearing up for a while, and the ride up through the reservation in NE OK was great. :D

Stopped for fuel just into Kansas and checked the radar, it showed that big rain still sitting in the middle of the state with just a couple thin band in my way on the east side of the state, so I headed north.

Apparently the rain finally decided to move east. I thought I got north of it a little north of I70, but I guess I was wrong. I was hoping to get to Atchinson, KS, but ran into more rain here in Holton, so I gave up for the night.

I didn't get near as far as I had hoped, still over 600 miles to get home.:doh:

Hopefully the rain will clear out and I can make better time tomorrow.:confused24:

Later, Scooter Bob

Assuming it is Shawnee, OK you are starting from, you should hit Kansas City about lunch time. I HIGHLY recommend stopping at Arthur Bryant's BBQ. There are two locations.

Thanks for the tip Jeff, but I'm trying to avoid big cities, and traffic in general.

I did find a nice sign for your shop hanging on the wall of the diner I had breakfast in on Route 66 this morning.:D

Still misting here, but most of the rain has moved east.

Looks like my best bet for dry and sunshine:sun: is to head mostly north to the upper part of Iowa, and head east from there.

Time to dress warmer, they said on the local news that it hasn't been this cold here in a month.:bang head:

Later, Scooter Bob

Time to get serious about heading east now. I just got up to hiway 3 at Humboldt, Iowa.

I'm having linner at a Hardees, guess what I ordered Karen!

Hopin' to get another 100 miles done yet, and that will make for a nice easy putt home tomorrow.

Later, Scooter Bob

Ahhh, a good day.:sun:

I got a little more than 400 miles done today, all on two lanes yet, with about 250 to go tomorrow. And, I was in four states today.:cool10:

It sure was easier to make time on the two lanes in TX and OK, what with the 70mph and 65mph speed limits.:scratchchin:

I pulled the pin in Waverly, Iowa for the night. Tomorrow morning I'll mosey up towards Prairie du Chien to get over the Mighty Mississippi, and from there I know all the two laners to get home.:thumbsup2:

Karen, I should be home by the time you get done with work, unless Eagle Eye twists my arm.:confused24:

Later, Scooter Bob

Bob,

Glad you made it through all the storms safe. :thumbsup2: I been so swamped at work I never had a chance to say HEY! :sign woo hoo: I know you were in a hurry to get home but our couch is always open... (Till one of the kids move out the we can offer a BED!!!) :beer: :whistling:

Bryan