IGNORED

This was a bargain....

exrsa1

I was looking for a left midnight saddle bag, and stumbled onto this auction selling both on ebay. Some outfit tried to snipe it at the end, but I ended up with them. Here is a LINK

A while back a rider behind me took off before me at a light, and climbed up the left rear of the bike, pushing me over on the right side. All cosmetic damage to paint and chrome pieces, and his insurance cut me a check for all new parts, about $3200. I ordered the parts from Yamaha dealer and one of the saddle bags arrived with scratches, so they sent it back and ordered another. It arrived and they called me and said it looked like a conveyor belt or something chewed the box up, so sending it back. I then cancelled that bag. I've been keeping an eye on used parts, when I saw this auction pop up. Since saddlebags are around $1000 new a piece, I'm pretty sure even if I have the two I won custom painted, I will come out ahead.

Shipping is a tad high, but as my momma would say... I stoled that.....

Ex

Edited by exrsa1

Yes sir you got a great deal! I won one last year and paid around $200 for the right side one. Guy sent me the left one and another person my right bag. The other guy sent the correct bag to me and the incorrect wrong color bag is still sitting in my garage....mine now I would say!

Keith

Yep a very good buy for sure. Thou the shipping may seem a bit on the high side I'd bet it's about as fair as you'll get in todays world. The shipping companies are constantly adding more & more to their prices with those fuel surcharges. Each bag box is a pretty good size too which increases costs. Still the bottom line is you got oneheck of a deal.:thumbsup2:

Larry

Y'all are right, I think if they get packed decently, each in it's own box, wrapped in plastic before putting them in peanuts, it would be a reasonable price, since he probably has to purchase two boxes as well.

I'll post up as to how they arrived.

Ex

The box or boxes will be pretty big and the DIM (Dimensional weight) will be greater than the actual, but shipping companies charge based on DIM weight. Price the shipping rate and you'll find he's not making much for his time.

Thats a really good deal you got. Don't see that much on etail anymore.

RSTDdog

The saddle bags arrived today. They are not in bad shape at all. Some scuff marks and a light scratch here and there, but for the price, it's all good. All bolts/nuts and even the little tool pouch was still strapped to the inside.

Yes, the boxes were way bigger than I anticipated, and they were shipped through the UPS store, so shipping was not too bad.

Ex