IGNORED

Parking lights on ....lamps off????

LtShame

Possible, but like Shame said not probable. Did you put an inline fuse in? Is it wired thru headlight cicruit? Does headlight work if it is? I would pull a light and start from there if the fuse is burried in the faring. See if ya got some juice and go from there.

I pulled the fairing the fuse is good...im going to start at the bulbs and work my way back to the fuse box....i did install an inline fuse,under the fairing.The headlights low and high beams,parking lights,turn signals,hazards all work.

Edited by LtShame

When I lowered my front end the way the wires were routed for some of the lighting up front made it bunch up. I lowered the front end and then had to take it all apart because I thought the faring looked like it was crooked, then a couple days later I had to mess with it because the riser extensions showed up. Well somewhere along the line the wire bundle got between the stops for the steering and it shorted out the headlight circuit. For years I trouble shot elec problems with nothing more than a test light. Now days though so much of the stuff runs with reduced power to a relay and then fired I dont know how much help a test light is. Heck I lost mine I dunno how many years ago and aint replaced it. I just use a multimeter.

As mentioned check for a cut wire at the stop.

I pulled into a parking spot. Turned the handlebars all the way and locked the headset. The stop cut the power wire. I now take pains to make sure the wires are out of the way of the stops, because if it can, it will.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if you fixed your lights yet. I had the same thing happen and found it to be the scotch lock wire connector that was the problem. I got rid of it and soldered the connection and installed a relay, now the passing lamps draw power from the battery and are brighter.

Yamaha didn't include a relay with the install kit but should have. Without one you are powering the lamps with one 16 gauge wire. I have 55 watt sealed beams in my lamps.