IGNORED

Has anybody ridden a VMAX?

tz89

Hi,

I have a B12 Zuki Bandit, it is amazing thats for sure, supposedly has 120 hp at the rear wheel. It is blinding fast and scary. I am a BIG guy, and that thing starts to pull the front wheel while rolling the throttle on , at about four k rpm, without using the clutch , in low, and a six grand short shift into second, then opening the throttle, will send me faster in a second or two than I ever want to ride. Awesome engine, I think the power is similar to vmax except for the v boost, but its a much lighter bike. I lust for a BIG new V max though, but wouldnt know what to do with the power.

I have been following the big max s on ebay, there have been a number of older guys, whose kids took them away supposedly, the kids explanation on ebay was, ,,,,,,well my Dad went and bought this thing, and he found he was in way over his head,,,only a couple thou miles,, he traded it in on an eleven hundred v twin ,, and he is very happy with it. hahahahaa, us old farts, love looking at the young women, and super bikes, but,, well, like my Dad said once,, most forty year olds find out they arent wired for 2-20 s. Best to just daydream about it, methinks.

i always wanted a bandit. i think it is probably the best all around bike ever made for the street. they are definately the most bang for the buck.

Hi,

When I first started looking at bikes again in 09, there was a local dealership employee that had a perfect 07 Busa, mind you this was the first bike I had considered in ten years. He only wanted seven k for it, with two thou miles on it, it was a good, good thing, that I couldnt get my old left foot upon the footpeg methinks. Based on my experience with the Bandit, that Busa would have been a sky climber for sure, a whole generation newer, water cooled, and a hundred fifty cc bigger.

Last summer, a local guy was selling his gxsr thousand. I took it for a five mile test ride. We set the puter to simulate a six hundreds power. It had three settings, one simulates six hun ccs, one makes it a seven fifty and the last one is full power. I shifted at two k, and five shifts later, was going seventy five effortlessly, shocking shocking very low end power for a full out race bike. And that bike felt very very light and seemed tiny tiny too. The seller claimed it would do sky shots in the first four gears. I think I better stick to my venture, no need to worry about inadvertent sky shots , and its comfy, haha.

i always wanted a bandit. i think it is probably the best all around bike ever made for the street. they are definately the most bang for the buck.

I had a Madura...Suzukis answer to the V Max. Incredibly fast and what made it even scarier is that it had a 1/4 turn throttle, twice as fast response as the standard 1/2 turn throttle. I loved it. Very comfortable and could blow off most sports bikes. Topped out at 150 MPH. The power is addictive.

I'm thinking it would be fun to have the same engine as my VR in a different ride. Does anyone have any experience to report with these bikes? I'm thinking of an an older model, maybe even a 89 so they match.

I have both Gens Vmaxxes and i love each and every Part of both of them.

My '99 is not so stock anymore, besides Frame and rear Swing Arm and rear Brake everything else has gone through serious Review and Upgrades, like Upside down Fork, 320mm Rotors, two 8-Pot Calipers in front, FJR 1300 Rims, rearsets and on and on .... It's my Canyon Carver, can't hold a straight line until up to 50 mph, but above that it's wicked fast and has exceptional Handling even at 150 mph.

The 1Gen is a great Bike and with it's 145 hp, it's adequatly equipped. If you can get one for a fair Price, go for it, you won't regret it.

The 2Gen is a way better Bike than the 1Gen in every Aspect, except Weight. Love the Power and the Handling too.

I have both Gens Vmaxxes and i love each and every Part of both of them.

My '99 is not so stock anymore, besides Frame and rear Swing Arm and rear Brake everything else has gone through serious Review and Upgrades, like Upside down Fork, 320mm Rotors, two 8-Pot Calipers in front, FJR 1300 Rims, rearsets and on and on .... It's my Canyon Carver, can't hold a straight line until up to 50 mph, but above that it's wicked fast and has exceptional Handling even at 150 mph.

The 1Gen is a great Bike and with it's 145 hp, it's adequatly equipped. If you can get one for a fair Price, go for it, you won't regret it.

The 2Gen is a way better Bike than the 1Gen in every Aspect, except Weight. Love the Power and the Handling too.

hey lutz, how ya doin. hows the new max runnin. have you done any mods yet. no more fast bikes for me. i sold my z-x 14. been having dizzy spells lately. if i have one on my bike again i'm going to give up riding. very scary. getting old sucks. bill :depressed:

The Busas were added to the OHP stable for the express intention of catching the idiots who think they can outrun one. From what I understand the first one was taken as part of a drug seizure and has custom built saddlebags and electrical system to handle the lights and other OHP equipment. I'm curious as to how OHP picks the officers that get to ride them. A HD police bike they are NOT!

I would think the Police find them very easy to ride :)

The Busa is a very good handling bike with blindingly fast acceleration a useful top speed!

hey lutz, how ya doin. hows the new max runnin. have you done any mods yet. no more fast bikes for me. i sold my z-x 14. been having dizzy spells lately. if i have one on my bike again i'm going to give up riding. very scary. getting old sucks. bill :depressed:

Hey Bill, the '09 does very well, but i've been unable to ride much of last Year. Too much Work, too many Hours and almost nothing but unhappy Events.

Sure, i've been through three each front and rear Tires, done some Mods to the '09, Rear Sets, PowerCommander, Quick-Shifter, PCV Display, full Akrapovic Exhaust with in-Pipe Cats and lots of little Things, next being an ECU-Re-Flash/Upgrade and a Shorai-Battery, already sitting on the Desk in my Office. Who knows when i'll be able to actually mount these Things, but at least i have them available if the Time comes.

I fully understand what you're saying about getting old. I always say that i'm looking forward to getting as old as i'm already feeling today ....

But anyway, those V4's keep me alive !!!

I owned one before the Venture. They are fast off the line and you better hold one when the V boost kicks in or your on the ground....NOTE: be careful with the V boost when you have a passenger unless you want to ride wheelies!! LOL. The bike isn't as stable up over about 125 or so and doesn't handle like the crotch rockets will.

All that said, its a fun bike and you can have some fun blowing the doors off of the crotch rockets in town when they think your just another cruiser to mess with. LOL :080402gudl_prv::rotf: