IGNORED

work party for a houston area vr members

gunboat

I can't make it this Saturday and Sunday is also probably a no go, but next weekend is another matter. Nothing in the works for those dates so far so I should be able to make it if the workathon continues. I've lots of experience handling a paint brush as I used to make my rent doing house cleaning/repair work for my landlord back in the day.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....Nothing like being the last to know!

:doh:

Imagine my surprise when 2 of my most favorite people all the way from Bogalusa Louzianner show up at my door step at 5 pm tonight. Now I still didn't know what was going on, I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth as we haven't seen Kenny and Beth in WAY too long, so I just say sweet! glad you decided to come out, even though I though it was strange.

Well Lonna finally spilled the beans to me and now instead of being the worker sub, I'm the General Contractor :yikes: So now I'm trying to run through my head what needs to be done and how it's going to happen :sign20:

Bottom line....I LOVE THIS PLACE!! I love the folks here and most of all, the friends that will drive 7 hours from points far and wide to help us out. Gunboat is right, I would never ask for help, thats just not me, but I'm humbled that so many of you would come over to give us a hand.

The driveway is cool, up by the house there are some soft spots but down at the road end it's cool, so Owen you can bring the FJR :banana:

Thanks to all for your thoughts and offers to help.

Gunboat.....you know I love you Pop, thanks for thinking of us :)

Brad, you and Lonna are a couple of the most deserving folks we have here on this great website. It's good to see members stepping up and giving you a hand for a change instead of the other way around. Sure wish I was closer or I'd be on your door step with tools in hand as well.

Good luck Brother,

Larry

Don, Is the road and driveway paved or dirt? I was gonna ride the bike up there.

Yeah Owen, I think you can get into that driveway just fine with that souped up mini bike you have now. I got into the driveway with the RSV today. Helped with the sheet rock taped an float. Wished I could have stayed longer. Gonna try to make it out there next weekend. Don't if I will be able to as I am going under the knife on Wednesday to remove my gall bladder. :confused24:

Hal :cool10:

Yeah Owen, I think you can get into that driveway just fine with that souped up mini bike you have now. I got into the driveway with the RSV today. Helped with the sheet rock taped an float. Wished I could have stayed longer. Gonna try to make it out there next weekend. Don't if I will be able to as I am going under the knife on Wednesday to remove my gall bladder. :confused24:

Hal :cool10:

Take it easy there cowboy, gall bladder surgery isn't too bad as surgeries go, but you won't be able to lift more than 10lbs for the next 2 mons while the incision sites heal, maybe they should stick you on food detail next weekend. Heal well and behave.

Well were back home....what a day!

:scorched: I am as beat as I can remember, but it was a blast today with all the brethren. Tomorrow more folks will be out and we'll plug away at it again. Lots was done today....LOTS, Kenny (Kbran) did an awesome job on tiling the bathroom floor, it looks superb and way better than what I could have done. Beth (his better half) helped him along the majority of the day and did errand running with Lonna.

Kelly and Beki Wilson (WilsonTAMU) were there all the way from Katy. Beki was a great help with staging things and Kelly layed the rest of the Hardybacker board down, great job by both of them and it was great to be able to see them for more than 1 1/2 hours like we usually do at M&E's. Hal (Halmost There) also came from Katy and did a bang up job on the drywall floating and sanding. Kreg (Doodle) also came all the way from Waller and did a great job on the drywall. Fortunately he brought his better half with him as it's always good to see Janet. She was the official photographer today and I'll get some pics up later of the carnage.

Monkey Boy, Gunboat and their respective others were also there and Monkey Boy did all the cookin, good chow for sure and we couldn't have done it without them. Gunboat turned out to be quite a good commanding officer as he had a plan layed out and things rolled very smooth.

It was a great day, but I feel like I have been run over by a Mack truck...so I'm going to bed. Thank you all that showed today and here's looking for the continuation tomorrow :thumbsup2:

hi folks

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CAME OUT SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. it was a great weekend to have a littel get together. owen got to the new place before brad & lonna did. as i heard it he called brad and ask (were you at?) poor brad had over sleeped. i had to make a store run before getting there myself. george & nora also made it. we had the same food fare as on saturday, but george brought along 6# of catfish nuggets dog gone those were good. we will be doing it again next saturday march 3rd and sunday march 4th. i guess the bath room will as be worked on to finish it out. the start time will be as before.

hope fully on saturaday we'll be able to hang all the kitchen cabinets, hook up the stove. lonna will be there tommorow ( monday ). said she plans on having the kitchen painted & the kitchen tile sealed before going home. brad will finish up the tile in the utility room. they are almost ready to move in. matter of fact george & nora give them their first house warming gift today. thanks again to all, it was a great effort by all.

best reguards

don c. :bighug:

we will be doing it again next saturday march 3rd and sunday march 4th. i guess the bath room will as be worked on to finish it out. the start time will be as before.

hope fully on saturaday we'll be able to hang all the kitchen cabinets, hook up the stove. lonna will be there tommorow ( monday ). said she plans on having the kitchen painted & the kitchen tile sealed before going home. brad will finish up the tile in the utility room. they are almost ready to move in. don c. :bighug:

Don,Brad,Lonna, sounds like a great weekend in everyone helping out. Sorry couldn't make it due to work. But count us in next weekend.

:crying: :crying: :crying: Well, I'm a bit upset. Stood around here leaning on my shovel all week-end and not one person called asking me for advice on how to do anything.

How's a guy sposta make any money that way......

Guess I'll just havta show up one day and find fault with all the work accomplished without my excellent advice and supervision. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Glad everything work out and it sounds like a great time was held by all.

:crying: :crying: :crying: Well, I'm a bit upset. Stood around here leaning on my shovel all week-end and not one person called asking me for advice on how to do anything.

How's a guy sposta make any money that way......

Guess I'll just havta show up one day and find fault with all the work accomplished without my excellent advice and supervision. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Glad everything work out and it sounds like a great time was held by all.

Were you leaning on the left wing or right wing. Major difference ya know.:whistling::whistling:

Dad (Squid) downloaded the pics so it's up to him to put them up. I am glad all had fun this past weekend and I hope this weekend goes just as good. Mom got the kitchen floor done and the walls are painted Monday. Dad went over after work last night and put the lights up in the bathroom and grouted the floor (I think). So its coming together!! :thumbsup2::clap2::thumbsup2::clap2:

thanks heather for the update. hopefully we'll have the kitchen cabinets hug this weekend. also get to lay the tile in the dinning room, & finish out the main bath room. my eldest daughter erica & her bf dean will be coming in friday night to help out on saturday. see ya'll saturday.

reguards

don c.

Just thought I would let you know that Hal's surgery went well. They did have a bit of trouble intubating him. In the future if he ever has surgery again he has to bring an instruction list for the anatesiologist. He is in pain, but to be expected.

:grandma: Val