IGNORED

GUNS

kenw

While I do shoot a 9mm semi-auto pistol, I like to shoot a .38 revolver because its more economical. 9mm almost requires copper jacketed bullets where-as lead cast bullets are fine for most .38 target shooting.

economy = more practice time at the range

Thanks for all the info. As far as my use, it would be mainly for home protection. Nowdays I figure its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!!!!

As they say the end is near!!

Kenw

For some one with little or no experience a short pump shotgun and mid sized revolver would be my choice. Shotguns are cheap and with the right amo they will stop any living thing. A double action revolver is by far the most dependable pistol.

I doubt the end is near but it wouldn't surprise me to see a little poop hit the fan.

many of your gun manufactures are building an assault style rifles in 9mm, 40mm and 45 calibers and there are hundreds of hand guns in the same. think your going to have a problem finding a hand gun in the hi power rifle calibers, that would be useful for personal protection. if you can check out the hi point 995ts in 9mm. not much on looks but fun to shoot and very, very reliable with a life time warranty. then find the 9mm pistol you like and ammo is reasonable.

I'm not very gun savvy, and was wondering if there is a handgun and rifle other than a 22 that can use the same ammo. I'd like to get something before the right is taken away!

Thanks,

Kenw

KelTec Sub2000 rifles are chambered in 9mm and 40Short and Wimpy..err...40S&W...

They are also built to use different magazines. GLK17, GLK19, S&W59, BERETTA92, SIG226.

I had one in 9mm that used Glock mags.

It folds in half and fits in the saddlebag or the trunk on a 2nd Gen.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/rifles/sub-2000/

The 44-40.... 45 long colt.... 357 magnum..... 44 magnum.... 38 special... and many others are cartridges that are (were) often chambered in both rifles and hand guns. This type of combination was popular in the west because it simplified carrying ammunition. Cowboy action shooting has created a resurgence of many popular old chambering.

Mike

My son said that the gun world is pretty big with lots of possibilities. But his guess is that this maybe your first gun purchase and so being he is recommending that you check out the Beretta CX4 Carbine with the PX4 Hand Gun. Both 9mm and they actually use the same magazine and the Holly Point 9mm used in the hand gun can create a decent size hole. Also Beretta makes pretty good quality guns that really looks nice.

http://www.berettausa.com/

The Judge also has a new one called the Raging Judge- 454 Casull, 45 Long Colt, 410 shotshell. Now that's a do it all revolver. RAGING JUDGE M513 REVOLVER .454 CASULL, .45 COLT, .410 GA - 6 SHOTS RAGING JUDGE M513 REVOLVER .454 CASULL, .45 COLT, .410 GA - 6 SHOTS

Masterguns I to have wanted a 500 S&W ever since they came out , but after further review I have come to the conculison that a 460 S&W would be a better choice , because with a 460 you can shoot 45long colt , 454casull and 460 . You can play ithw cheaper ammo 45lc and when you need to get serious use 460 . Where as 500 your only limitted to that round . JMO. My personal prefferance is also 357 mag , carry a snubby in the left side bag every where I go . :thumbsup2: