IGNORED

americade

warriorhoneybee

Amy and I went last year it was a GREAT time. Yes there is a lot to do and yes it can cost you a lot. You have to shop around for your rooms and then decide what package you want for your Americaide Registration. We ended up getting a cottage for the week and it was cheaper than a motel room. If you are fixed on money you really have to shop around to get the best deal on things there. You have to remember it is there peak travel season so you are paying more for your rooms.

We cannot wait to go back this year.

Personally, if I ever go back again, I wouldn't register for anything. I'd just pay to get into the trade show and go riding the rest of the time. I found it way over priced for what they give you. We paid for the on street parking pass but I seen lots of bikes parked without one and never saw anyone checking either. The event is for profit, to the promoter.

Americade is a lot of fun...been there several times...all the rooms are double for this event....yes, it can be pricey...first year I paid 1,100.00 for a cabin for a week....the next year it was 900.00 for the week...the year after that it was 800.00 and so on until it stayed at 600.00 for the week....same cabin , just return customer.....great riding and way to much to do...you can NEVER do Americade once....it keeps changing and growing...FOOD can also be pricey if you don't ask the locals where to go...But ,I will say one thing that EVERYONE in town bends over back wards to get your bucks...and you WILL have a ball...mostly old farts like us attend....it is well worth going to...If it wasn't for MD, I too would be going back again....MD saves me a lot of dough...lol:rotf: :rotf: thanks Don...:fatsmiley:

Edited by BIG TOM

I've been going to Americade for years but just day trips as I live only 70 miles away but the last couple of years I have camped at the campground and stayed there. I pay for a $20 day pass and road 3 bikes each day for two days. If you ride a little ways the local diners are cheaper and there is some great riding to the north in the Adirondacks and checking out Lake Placid is a must.

If you park where there is a bike in the space with a parking pass you don't need one but beware if you park there and there isn't they will ticket you if you don't feed the meter.

If you don't want to hang out a drink I would suggest stay a few miles away and riding in each day and it will be much cheaper. Motels and lodging there is expensive.

There are a lot of little towns with diners outside of Lake George and they love the business.

I will be there again this year at the Hearthstone State campground and doing the demo rides. We usually just hang out at night and watch the bikes and walk around and check out the sights.

since I live only a couple hours north of Lake George, we pack up the motorhome put a few of the bikes on the trailer and head on down for the week. the food on the tours can vary from I can't believe I ate that to wow I need to come back for more of that. The boat cruises can be fun, avoid the cajun boat tour, unless you really hate cajun music, you will feel justified. The Yamaha boat is on the smallest boat, food is usually good and the music isn't bad considering it comes from a casset deck( not really, usually a couple talented musicians sounding like 4 or 5). The first time I went I signed up for every tour I could fit in( don't plan for more than one a day) I no longer sign up for the tours, choosing instead to head our at random ( take a ride out route 8 and hang on)( grab a bite at Suzie Qs). River rafting is either a blast or boring, you need to pray for rain for the week before or you will be dragging the raft. The saturday BBQ after the parade is usually good, but will not be on top of MT prospect this year, instead being held at some wild west ranch( well they will have pony rides) the ride up MT prospect was a fun fide.

Demo rides plan to sign up early as they fill up quick(you can'[t sign up a day earlier) only first come first served on the day of the ride)

More later if you want or I will just shut up

Al

well not exactly, but I do try to control costs. I stay at MT kenyon campground on the lake luzerne road maybe 8 miles out of town. Maybe 5 miles out from the old Americade headquarters at Roaring brook ranch. It is out in the woods and far enough from the road to get away from the wake babies anf scare little old ladies crowd.

I do not buy the parking passes, I just park at one of the event lots and walk to the shops on Canada street . it isn't all that far.

there are lots of vendors selling chrome geegaws, there are even a few that cater to metric bikes vendors are usually at one of two locations. either at the forum or at the million dollar beach location, boat cruises leave fromnear the million dollar beach( lots of free parking in the fields, bring a plate for your kick stand

Take a ride out rt 8 if you get off dragging pegs, or slow down and enjoy the view. Head out towards great scanandauga lake

last year my wife and I road down to howe caverns ( 3 hours each way) in a downpour but well worth it.

Check our the vendors in nearby warensburg, and glenns falls( many vendors have balked at the booth prices and have set up in both these towns

Hotels will be hard to come by and will be costly.

Make sure your bike is properly registered and inspected, watch your speed. make sure you have a DOT helmet. The state police set up roadblocks just special for bikers and will give you a souviner if you don't meet expectations.

Al

I've been going since 1990. Still love it. Best rally ever. can't do it all in one year. Go early iun the week before the crowds get crazy. lots of bargain on everything. Cater mostly to newer motorcycles but still plenty in jackets helmets seats etc. Stay out of the main village learn the roads and use the expressway to skirt around main street especially on air cooled bikes. google map the area and learn where the Fort willian henry hotel is along withtthe Forum center and Million dollar beach. You"ll want to park at the Forum and take the shuttle bus. Believe me its a lot easier than trying to ride in the crowd.

If you"ve never been sign up for only one or two tours but not consecutively put a day between each if doing more than one. The crowds get thicker farther into the week. so prepare for it. plan a trip out side of the village area if staying all week. Lots of the little village outside Lake George now have their own "Bike week" celebrations. many venders set up tents there too. Hope to see you there . We stay in Boltons landing 19 miles north of lake George. RT 9n is a fun ride. :thumbsup2:

:) Been there a few times and always had a great time. It is a vacation for bikers a getaway for those who ride. The event is huge and the people are great.Remember its your friends and fellow riders that make the event. You will remember the good times you have not the price of dinner. I suggest you go and see for yourself. Enjoy the atmosphere and remember at least your not at work !! :cool10: