IGNORED

Moving to town

Patrolman46

Well the wife & I have decided to list the farm and move to town. Mixed emotions I guess. Babe has raised a cow herd here on the farm over the last 20 years, with all the cows having names & each with their own personality. Hard to take them to the cattle auction, but that's the reality of the cow business. I have lived here on the farm longer than any other place in my life. Lots of loves & fond memories of the 20 years here.

It will be nice to open the garage door & ride the bike on cement or pavement without riding a mile & a half on dirt or mud. Lots more days able to ride without the worry of rain making the road to the house muddy!

I will have to relearn to go into the house every time I need to make water. That will be harder than it might sound to you town guys, as here on the farm you just make water where ever you are.

No more worries about the septic overflowing, the well quitting, the electric line losing connectivity, (as it did yesterday) or being snowbound for several days (2006).

I will keep you posted.

yep - giving up all the amenities of farm life will be difficult for a while. I still get a tingly feeling when I walk into a barn, not for reasons some may think but for the aroma. I'll bet that'll be the most difficult for you.

Good luck with your search for a new domicile.

Some of that witch you like will not be gone just cuz you move to the city.

The power still goes out.

The water mains break and the water gets turned off.

The sewers still back up.

And you can still be snowbound for days at a time.

It will be just like home.

I have lived in the country for the last 20 years as well and am dreading the day I have to move to town. Will need a double lot for all the toys etc...Ever figure how much time you save by not having to go inside to check the flow:whistling: Wife gave me the gears a few falls ago when there was snow on the ground. Blamed be for some big yellow patch about 2 feet accross. When the smoke cleared and I pointed out the set of deer tracks leading up to and away from the patch she cooled off :confused24:

I will have to relearn to go into the house every time I need to make water.

I live in town and have no problem making water, but you just have to make your yard--

WATER PROOF

There are some advantages of living town, and you will find these very handy--Stores are CLOSE, etc.

Good luck,

Steve

Hello Dan: Very happy for you and Charlene. You have both worked hard all of your lives and deserve a break from the hard farm life, constant chores etc. Now the farm can take care of you!!!! I am so thankful that this very website has helped create such a great friendship between us. Lee and I will be facing the exact dilemma in the future. Town living will allow you to ride a lot more, something that I know you love to do. You are welcome to use my enclosed trailer if you need it.:)

I'm in the other boat on the other side of the fence to, now that I am older I am looking to move out into the country, maybe to an old farm, and get out of the city.

I guess the grass is always greener............

I don't think that was the kind of water he was referring to !!

Think #1

Gary

I was referring to "the well quitting" kind of water as referenced in the second to last sentence.

I sure hope that the other kind of water never quits, my grass would never get watered.

I don't have any plans of moving to town...yet.

Washing the bike at home not being an exercise in futility will be a plus.

I can relate to the water works issue. You are more than welcome to visit here and walk around the NE, NW, or the SW corner of the garage.:rotf::rotf: You can also ride your bike up and down the dirt roads here and say to yourself "Oh ya! I remember this...this SUCKS!"

It got me thinking though, how many country boys do we have here?