IGNORED

Rc Heli's

Eddie

Found on Craigslist a MCX RFT for $60 in my hometown. Thought it was a good deal at 1st until I just saw on E-flite's website you can get a new one for $80.

$80 is actually a good price considering that each battery is worth $40. Its a good deal if you become good and want to fly for longer than 12.charge time is like 4 hours per battery

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the e-flite's website they say retail for the mCX is $170 but selling price is $79.99. With the person on craiglist it says it comes with 3 batteries but who knows if those are new or used. If used who knows what kind of life they have left in them so you may have to go out and spend $40 for a new battery.

I am just making a comparison why spend $60 when you can get the same thing brand new for $80. Now if it was a difference between $60 & $170 (retail price) I would spend the $60 any day.

BTW I found another mCX in another town for $60 as well.

I guess the mCX is an indoor heli. Not sure CX2 is for outdoor use.

If you look at the e-flite's website they say retail for the mCX is $170 but selling price is $79.99. With the person on craiglist it says it comes with 3 batteries but who knows if those are new or used. If used who knows what kind of life they have left in them so you may have to go out and spend $40 for a new battery.

I am just making a comparison why spend $60 when you can get the same thing brand new for $80. Now if it was a difference between $60 & $170 (retail price) I would spend the $60 any day.

BTW I found another mCX in another town for $60 as well.

I guess the mCX is an indoor heli. Not sure CX2 is for outdoor use.

You make an excellent point which I overlooked.You do not know the condition of the batts.LiPo batts are very delicate and can be damaged by full discharge our over charging.

The cx2 is considered indoor but I have flown in zero wind with no problem.A light summer breeze is fun when you are experienced but forget perfect flying.You spend more time fighting the forces.

I do enjoy back yard flying because of the added space to recover from a bad move.As said earlier the smaller thr craft the more it is affected by forces.

Pretty much all of the twin rotor helies are for indoor or possibly outdoor if there is near zero wind. The controls are set up differently than on a "real" rc heli so you will be learning bad habits that will have to be broken down the road when you move up.

If you were to move up to a single rotor like the Blade MSR then it can handle at lest a light breeze of 5mph for a beginner or up to 10mph once you get some experience. The other advantage of something with a single rotor is that you will be learning the same type of control inputs the you will be using on a more advanced heli.

Or go with the Blade mCPX and you will be flying a fully capable heli that also bounces very well, and can be flown indoors or outdoors up to 20mph wind.

Of course each time you move up to better it will cost more.

My personal recommendations on the best heli to start with is either the Trex 600N or the Raptor 50, These are both very common so you can get help learning to set it up correctly, learn to fly, easy to repair, repair parts are available everywhere and repair parts are not real expensive. This size of heli (in my opinion) is the best compromise between being big enough to see and fight off wind gusts and cost of ownership and performance. Either of these can be set up as mild for the beginner learning to fly to all out 3D smack-down to fly like in the videos.

HA! Now you gots a lot more to think about.

I just picked up one of these Esky Honey Bee King 4's. Gonna take me a while to learn how to fly this thing I can see. My ultimate goal is a small camera and chasing cat,dogs, and people down the street.:whistling: :doh:

http://www.ecostings.com/images/info/airplane/egty1129_6h_4.jpg

HA! Now you gots a lot more to think about.

Not really. I think you just helped me to make up my mind in passing up on the blade cx2. I would want to fly outdoors and I keep going back to I would rather have an airplane. The $20 heli's work just fine for the kiddos as they enjoy the heck out of the ones they have now and are more disposable should they wreck one (as they have already but at least they can still fly). $80 is not so disposable.

BR, just make sure you post videos here of people running for their lives. :-)

I just picked up one of these Esky Honey Bee King 4's. Gonna take me a while to learn how to fly this thing I can see. My ultimate goal is a small camera and chasing cat,dogs, and people down the street.:whistling: :doh:

http://www.ecostings.com/images/info/airplane/egty1129_6h_4.jpg

Please don't.

Even a tiny heli can do more damage than people think.

So all this talk has made me dig out my cx . its on thr charger. I'm really into airplanes.But I think due to space a heli would be more feasible.

What turns me off is the crazy 3d aerobatics.Just as in airplanes. When in life does a copter fly in that manner.Its just not realistic to me.

I will give it another shot

I was looking at the Blade cp as entry level collective pitch heli. Any ideas of a step up

I have decided to go a different route. I bought a Spektrum DX7 (not the new S) on ebay. Going to bind it to an airplane which my wife said she will get me for my b-day.:banana::banana::banana::banana: I have 3 in mind. That super cub I put the link to earlier a Corsair (guy at hobby shop said experienced flyers have reported it would be good for a beginner too) and a Stinson.

I have been trying to find a used copy of Phoenix flight sim to practice with until then as you can bind the spektrum to the software. So far no luck. There's one on ebay but they want more than what I want to pay for a used copy. The rest are new.

I just bought an eflite MCPX last week.

A small heli with collective pitch and 3D capability. Not that I have the ability. But with the collective pitch you can fly outside with a decent wind and the heli will hold true.

It is small enough to fit in the saddle bags on the bike so I can take it with me and the fun doesn't have to stop when the bike does. Ha Ha

I just bought an eflite MCPX last week.

A small heli with collective pitch and 3D capability. Not that I have the ability. But with the collective pitch you can fly outside with a decent wind and the heli will hold true.

It is small enough to fit in the saddle bags on the bike so I can take it with me and the fun doesn't have to stop when the bike does. Ha Ha

I have one too. You can crash them a lot.:rotf:

Dropped my 450 off to get repaired on Sunday.

Before you did your post I was going over the website. The battery and charger are my concern since I already have the radio and receiver. That's another $200. Might as well buy the RTF version which comes with all that for about $130 less vs buying those items seperately. Check the pics from that ebay item I sent you. It came with a charger but I think that is the transmittor battery charger. Don't know if it can also be used to charge the receiver battery. If it can be used for the receiver battery then all I should need would be a receiver battery. Regardless that is another $55.

Even the BNF Supercub comes with everything needed except the transmittor which I know have and for alot less.