IGNORED

Rc Heli's

Eddie

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I finally maidened my Wing Tiger today. It's my first time flying an RC plane, ever.

I took off, flew it around for about 5 minutes, then successfully landed it.:banana:

Then, I flew it some more. I'm hooked.

This Wing Tiger is a perfect trainer. Very forgivable, and lots of power. I even did some vertical loops and rolls. They do put junk ESCs in them though. Mine burned a hole in a transistor after the first flight. Luckily, I had a spare ESC, so I replaced it, and was airborne again.:happy34:

Well, I finally maidened my Wing Tiger today. It's my first time flying an RC plane, ever.

I took off, flew it around for about 5 minutes, then successfully landed it.:banana:

Then, I flew it some more. I'm hooked.

This Wing Tiger is a perfect trainer. Very forgivable, and lots of power. I even did some vertical loops and rolls. They do put junk ESCs in them though. Mine burned a hole in a transistor after the first flight. Luckily, I had a spare ESC, so I replaced it, and was airborne again.:happy34:

Can we get a link on this wing tiger?

After trying to fly (crashing) my neighbors 120sr a few times, He borrowed a Blade mQX quadcopter from one of his co-workers for me to try. After bouncing it off the ground a few times and not hurting it, i went out and bought one about 3 weeks ago. Having a blast learning and can usually set it down without crashing now. I did break part of the body in a full speed blast into the house (within the first 5 mins), but no other damage.

I am amazed at how durable it is. Very glad i got one:)

• 1 year later...

Ok digging up an old thread here. My son got a micro co axial copter for his birthday last week and dad has been the only one playing with it. I was into RC long ago and still have some small electric foamie planes sitting around. I did have a couple helicopters but never really got the hang of it and gave up. Now after playing with my son's, I am ready to try again. SO my question for you flying folks is what is the best one? I am looking for a 4 channel, single rotor, fixed pitch. I know teh 4 channel is not as manuverable as a 6 or 7 channel, but I will have more fun learning on it right now. As big as possible for some outdoor flying in the yard. I have looked at the Esky Honeybee V2 (I believe) and the Exceed Falcon 40. I would like bigger though. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Yes an oldie but goodie.

None of the 4 channel fixed pitch helies do very good out doors. They do not like wind.

It does not take long at all before you will outgrow a fixed pitch and have to start all over with something better.

You will learn a LOT more and faster with a small collective pitch heli.

A very popular one to start with is the Blade MCPx, the older versions are fine for learning on. You are likely to wear it out before you need the power of the brushless version. I have flown mine outdoors in 20+mph wind, although as a beginner you will not be able to handle that much wind.

First thing to do is forget everything you know about airplanes, It is different for helies.

Those are both good to learn on but expect them to break when you do an oppie.

Start with training gear and do not let it get any more than 6 inches off the ground. Your first 50 flights will last an average of 3 seconds each. This is normal.

The micros have the advantage of being so light that they almost cant hurt themselves.

All right I know you said to just go for a collective pitch, but I am really considering the Blade 120. It is fixed pitch, but I think I will have fun with it for a while. And my 7 year old can have it when I move up to the CP. I can pick one up at a local shop for about $125. What do you guys think about the 120?

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/ProductGallery.aspx?ProdID=BLH3180#quickFeatures